Pirate 4x4 banner

1041 - 1060 of 1333 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just picked this time capsule up :D

All original down to the last nut and bolt.. Not 20 hrs on it
Love it. I had one just like it, but not in nearly that good of shape. Makes me miss my old Kawi Tecate too; ugly front end and all :homer:

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
How was the superduke?
first off I gotta say i am not a KTM fan boy. My bud is the sales manager at the local ktm shop and I wanted to demo the 1190adv (shopping for a replacement for my vstrom). He has just go the super duke in and off we went on a 400+ mile day of twistes in the mountains of WV. I rode each bike a little over 200 miles.

The Super Duke is freaking SPECTACULAR! the torque is straight up addictive. Best engine I have ever ridden, best fuel injection I have ridden hands down. He couldnt pry me off of it after about 30 miles. I laughed and smiled more in my helmet than any other bike I have been on. Its just flat out stupid fun. Handling is very good, the seat is good, its roomy and very comfortable. Fuel mileage wasnt great and the wind blast over 85 wanted to pull my helmet off my head. 6th gear is pretty much useless.

I want it soooooooo bad but I cant spend that kind of $$$ on a bike that will land me in jail:laughing:

For my riding the adventure is more sensible, I am going to wait for a 15 model.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
how you liking the rekluse sceep?
Couldnt make the rekluse work. sold it, bought an EFM.

It engages at too high of rpm. since it engages so high in the rpm range, it also free-wheels very easily after rear wheel lockup (which SUUUCKS)

it very easily lofts the front over logs and ledges.

Im getting used to it, but i would like to lower the engagement rpm. i have talked to EFM and have some things to try and get it done. wasn't going to mess with it before this trip and risk making things worse.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I think I have a Husky problem.

Just added the TE610 (blue/yellow) to the group. Not pictured is a TE450 as that is just a bare frame right now.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I managed to stop at three (and one KTM 2st...) :flipoff2:

Glad I'm not the only one then :laughing:

What are your thoughts on the BD headlight? I need to put something on the 610 as it has a really crappy aftermarket light on it.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I have the Squadron XL and it puts out enough light that the light bar is no longer being used. The built in dimming mode does not go dim enough to where I would be comfortable using it on the street without a additional PWM dimmer though. Depending upon how you want to set up the 610 (and what your budget is) the Britannia Composites Lynx fairing with HID's is a nice piece of kit as well - I have one on my 630.

I've eyeballed the Lynx fairing and it is a fine looking piece, but quite a bit more than I'd like to spend.

I should be able to fit the standard Squadron in an oem Husky headlight mask and plan on getting the dimmer for it also. I have a Rigid dually d2 on my WR125 and it is definitely not something I'd want coming at me on the street (and the squadron is supposed to be even brighter still).

1041 - 1060 of 1333 Posts