Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put more home fabbed front bumpers in the UTJ thread. I'm looking for a wide variety of designs, so just post up! Incorporated winch mounts, sway bar mounts, tube work, etc is even better. To start it off, here's a build by Raskull-

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717076

·
Registered
386 Posts
Here are some detailed pics of mine...

It started out as a box tube...

add in an intergrated winch plate...

a hood/grill hoop for some safety...

then a small stinger for style...

and some little extras for flair...

And then powdercoat for protection from the elements...

·
Registered
159 Posts
jbd....just giving you shit, its pirate :D

and since you asked here's a pic of mine.

Nothing fancy stubby 2x4 with boxed in ends, d-rings through the bumper welded front and back, homemade winch plate as well, also have a hood/grill hoop I need to weld on and notch tie ins for my tube fenders

·
Registered
386 Posts
My buddy owns a precision sheet metal company and he used to be an aftermarket manufacturer so he had it bent up for me. I gave hime some specs, a few ideas that I wanted and this is what he came up with. I am going to sell it though to by Dan's new shorty front bumper in the spring. I am not going to derail the remainder of the build until after it is under it's own power.

·
Registered
386 Posts
jbd....just giving you shit, its pirate :D

and since you asked here's a pic of mine.

Nothing fancy stubby 2x4 with boxed in ends, d-rings through the bumper welded front and back, homemade winch plate as well
Nice, I like it. Not altogether different from mine really, just minus the hoops...

No worries...I knew you were just bustin muh ballz. I however saw the opportunity to hop into the thread first and took it...haha

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
TTT, let's get some more in here :D
Fine, here ya go. My wife's daily driver, so not strictly trail dedicated in its construction. Wanted something a bit different so used all square tubing.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Kept it simple...

Going to be re-doing it at some point, the stinger is a tad too long for the tighter trails I have been running.

·
Registered
438 Posts
jbdbloh7...

whats the bend radius on your tube?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I built jbdbloh7's bumper. The dies are 6.5" radius 1.75" .125wall dom bent on a JD2 model 3 . The bender bends real nice with no distortion...Its bends better than our expensive production bender.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine .. as well as a couple ive made for various local people.

Mines pretty basic.. didnt want anything over the top.

One we made for a cherokee..

And some other misc ones weve made for people..

Hope that gives you some ideas..
Luke

·
Registered
3 Posts
My bumper isn't as elaborate as the ones posted but its all I had to work with.. When I bought my Jeep it had a plow bracket on it. The front bumper was lost some time ago.

I have access it steel at work so it was time to fab up something.

-Bear

1 - 20 of 50 Posts