Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am having a problem with my power disk brake set up. Using disk all the way around, No leaks in the system, good vacuum to booster, bled the system out with power bleeder, manually, and also reverse bled. no air in system. The master cylinder is off cj7 for disks drum setup, lines are 3/16 and no pedal when engine is running. but with the engine off you can pump them up but as soon as the engine starts the pedal goes to the floor. I was told that I need to change brake lines to 1/4 inch and run corvette style 1-1/8 bore style MC. I have No proportion valve or any residual valves in the system. metric style rear brakes and single piston front calipers. Motor is brand new rebuilt 4.3 v6. The whole system is new.
Advise is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
sounds like you still have air in your brake system, when you bleed the system, have some one step on the pedal ( with out the engine running ) & crack open the right rear bleeder screw & let the pedal hit the floor & then close the bleeder screw ( 4-5 x's) wait 5 seconds & re-do...then go to left rear..etc....right front & left front...this will eliminate any & all air in your system.The CJ7 M/c is a 15/16th bore or 1" bore M/C & yes you might have to upgrade to a 1 1/8 bore M/C for the extra fluid needed for 4 wheel disc, but you need to make sure you get the correct one,it will have the same main piston as your old M/C so you wont have to make or find a new M/C rod.

·
blatant asshole
11,834 Posts
you dont need the corvette master persay, you just need a larger master period. 1-1/8 is a minimum when running full disc and when you use larger cals 1-1/4 +.

dont worry about disc disc vrs disc drum. if you have a prop valve it doesnt matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts