Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one running a power steering cooler on the cheap. I was thinking, couldn't I just run a trans cooler between the box and the pump on the low pressure line to help cool things down? I looked at AGRs site and that cooler seems a bit pricy. What do you think?

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
A tranny cooler will work perfect. Most factory p/s coolers are just a small piece of tube that has no fins on it. I am running a tranny cooler off of a early Crown victoria cop car. It is one loop but the tubes are huge.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Forgot to say! It is the smallest one I could find. Fits on the fuel can brt. on my TJ.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Just go to the junkyard and pull one. I have gotten 2 from there and they are only $12 for u-jurk-it. Look at Vans, they seem to have nice ones but the 2 I have gotten were just on the ground so I don't know what they were from.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Full size fords like 70s LTDs had ps coolers. About the size of 2 cig packs.

then decide if sitting in front of your radiator when crawling is better or worse than sitting under the hood getting airflow from the fan and belts and all.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am running a trans cooler for PS. I have it mounted in the rear of the radiator with an electric push fan on the outside.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I know that one of these set ups will work for me. I am going to try and get down to the yard this weekend.

Thanks, Later

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts