Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked up a Howe ps pump & one of the 1st things I notice is that the line fittings are bigger than stock (I have a 98 ZJ with a 4.0). Can I make my own lines ? or do I need to have them made ?

Another question I have is with AN fittings ? what are they ? I was looking in one of my Summit mags and saw both fittings and adaptors. That mean I can make my own ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
AN fittings are the same as JIC fittings which are the standard style of hydraulic fittings. The way that AN fittings are written is that is any number corisponds to the fraction equivalent. Ex. AN 4 is a 4/16" or 1/4" fitting. So if you wanted a JIC fitting to fit AN 4 get a 1/4" JIC fitting.

Conrad

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. So it looks like I have to have atleast the high pressure line made, right ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes you would need to have atleast the high pressure one made. Also another thing to note it the fitting on the steering box. I don't know what kind of fitting it is on a Jeep but on my 98 Chevy it was a special M18x1.5 O-ring fitting. You will either need a metric to JIC adapter or somehow reuse part of your old line.

This is a pic from a page in a Weatherhead catalog, you can get Weatherhead at NAPA. My adapters had to be special ordered.

You may want to check out here for my writeup about my hydrobooster install.

Conrad

·
Registered
124 Posts
1998chevy1500 said:
You may want to check out here for my writeup about my hydrobooster install.

Conrad
The link does not seem to work even after registering. I believe it is linking to editing your post instead of the post itself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
witz said:
The link does not seem to work even after registering. I believe it is linking to editing your post instead of the post itself.
I messed up and copied the wrong address, my mistake. It is fixed now though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts