Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already did a search and didnt find what I'm looking for. I put a gm car box on my 40. I want to build a new link to connect the box to the main link or lower link. I like the allpro cross over steering stuff but honestly dont think I have enough lift for it. (3 inches) Has anybody made a link out of DOM that accepts a fj80 tre on one end, and a gm tre on the other. If so what size tubing, part #'s for fj80 tre, and gm tre. I dont know if this can be done. Maybe these two tre's have a seriuos difference in outside diameter. I dont know thats why I'm asking. Any other idea's?
Thanks, Shaun

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im coil sprung up front ( duff eb coils ). I guess Im probably closer to 5 inches of lift. I never actually measured it. I guess what I want to know is if anybody ever cut this link and taped it for the gm tre? I dont have a gm tre yet to see if its even possible. (diameter)
Shaun

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: AMEN!! The less different parts you have to worry about the better off you will be.

I'd like to use fj80 tre's on both ends but the pitman arm hole is larger than the fj80. Know anybody that can modify this one?

Quote: The car ones are itty bitty and it's a pain in the butt to find the ones that are meant to flex

I didnt know anything about that. One more reason to go fj80.

Quote: I think with the coil spring front, high steer is a must have. As well as some diff protection.

Not sure If I have enough link to frame clearance to use highsteer. What's a good rule of thumb?

Lastly anybody have the part # for the 80 tre's? So I dont have to buy something else from allpro? Napa would be cool.

Thanks, Shaun

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I stopped by a local machine shop today and found out they can modify my pitman arm. I assumed that they wouldnt touch it for liability reasons. I'll try OTT and see what they have to say. Thanks Jason for the pipe cap tip. I am running cruiser diffs.
Thanks, Shaun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.