Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , I was just planing out my power steering set up for my sub build .
I have the PSC high pressure pump , 1.5 ram , steering box . I am running hyroboost on this truck .
I still have to order a cooler for this truck , I just ordered a adapter boot from dodge , I seen a post from a pirate user , goes right over the stock reservoir and down size it to mount a external tank .
I have a remote tank off a newer superduty , not sure how much fluid movement takes place with a steering assist ? How big of a tank should I be running ?
I was looking for a in line filter ... Any one run any type of inline filters on your return lines ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
the setup i ran was the complete kit from psc. the resivoir seems to hold about 3 pts of fluid by itself. the key to the whole setup is to have as short of a feed hose as possible that is as directly above the pump as possible. as far as a cooler goes i ran the one from psc only because i didn't want any argument from them if i had to warranty any of my stuff if it failed, but a decent size transmission cooler plumbed into the return hose should work sufficiently. the cost on the cooler from psc is really reasonable though, and it came with the additional hose needed. it adds about an additional 2+pts of capacity, and i mounted it just below the radiator. i did a section in my build thread just on the psc setup install i did. it seems so far to work flawlessly on the rocks at the ohv park, i can't wait to get it on the trail.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree...with PSC use all PSC, the parts match up nicely...I made a bracket to mount the ressy above my pump...

I had a leaky gearbox and PSC replaced it..even after 3yrs! So far I have had good luck with them standing behind their parts!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the great info , I could not use PSC resevoir with my engine configuration ... its a cummins and the steering / vacuum pump would have need to be modified to run there cann I seen on there site .
I did see there coolers , just was not sure what cooler would work with my frame and bumper setup ... I'm getting there .

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=411609&page=3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts