Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Not sure if the 4 runner and the pickup box are the same but an IFS 4x4 Toyota box in an EB is fairly common. I ran one for a couple of years with a Toy pump and had zero problems. It's an outside the frame mount like the Bronco and the hole's 'almost' line up. The problem is with the pitman arm. Toy uses the kind with a press in ball and socket stud to connect the tie rod. Some people knock it out an put in a spacer so they can use a drag link with heim joint. Other's weld the Ford and Toy's together to use the stock tie rod. I used a tapered piece from a Toy and grafted it to the Ford drag link. It was a whole lot easier that way and to my mind safer. There was only tension load on the drag link, no side load like on a welded pitman. I don't like welding pitman arms anyway.

·
Registered
853 Posts
hey guys I have done this mod on my F-100 I've got a write up on it let me know if you'd like a copy it's got pics a well so the E-mail may be a little large for those dial up guys but well worth it. On my truck I had to notch the frame a little for clearence that I don't think you would have to do on the EB. Had to make the bracket for the pump and custom lines. A lot cheaper than the kits.

and for the hydro assist the place is called west texas off road.
The Lake Rat (a pbb member) has the link in his sig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts