Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, just put in power steering, and now I have a noticable loss in turrning radius, I thought I was just loosing it at first, but I swear I can't turn as sharp as I used to , so I check the steering stops and it goes till they hit, so I never adjusted those yet. Yes, I know I can adjust the stops to give me more steering. but I am just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. I think it is just caused because the power steering doesn't want to hold as tight when turning. you can have it cranked and the tires will still want to straighten out. Just curious if anyone had noticed this

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: MyToy ]

·
Registered
55 Posts
The power steering box probly has a lower numerical ratio than the manual box...this is typical and I would think that what you are noticing is fewer turns lock to lock...(Good thing)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I noticed that right away, but what was unexplainable, was driving my truck like I just bought it yesterday...ie....noot eeven coming close when trying to pull into a parking spot, I don't know howmany times lately that I have had to stop and re-align so I don't cream the car I am parking next too. no there is definitly a loss in radius.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
When I put on my dropped draglink with power steering and 5" lift my turning radius was humungous. I went All-Pro Hi-Steer Crossover and my turning radius dropped about 3 feet. I don't know the exact numbers I just know I can do U-turns about 6Ft shorter since going crossover. Could be a problem with using a dropped drag link if that is what you are using.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts