Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 4.3 and went to bolt up my powerglide. The new torque convertor
bottoms out on the end of the crankshaft of the motor before it reaches the face of the flextplate, tried the original torque convertor alone and it does the same. The pilot on the torque convertor bottoms on the crank first. Am I missing a spacer or something?
Trying to get this done today, PLEASE HELP.
Tried searching.
Thanks,
Karl.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Was the 4.3 in front of a manual trans???And if so did ya remove the pilot bearing/bushing???This is the only time I have ever seen a problem....as far as I know 4.3s are the same as SB chevys...at least my two are.:D

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was an auto car, used the original flexplate that came with the motor.
The pilot goes in but stops before the tabs of the torque convertor reach the flexplate.
Any other ideas. Is there a spacer ring to move the flexplate out a bit. I only need about an 1/8 inch
Karl.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
It was an auto car, used the original flexplate that came with the motor.
The pilot goes in but stops before the tabs of the torque convertor reach the flexplate.
Any other ideas. Is there a spacer ring to move the flexplate out a bit. I only need about an 1/8 inch
Karl.
I went out and looked at several different flex plates even one I knew had a PG stuck to it at some point and other than converter mounting pattern they all looked the same depth wise.Do you have another torque converter to measure the outside diameter of the part that wont let it drop in???

I know my buggy has a 1980 th350 to a vortec 4.3 stock gm converter and zero issues....maybe early(two piece rear main seal design,that is where your PG came from...) to late (one piece rear mains)have a fitment issue I havent ever ran into.....

Sorry I cant be more help....:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts