Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any other vendors supplying systems like these? I don't think its worth my time fabbing them for the $70.

I've seen the BTF kit:

and the avalanche kit:

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
I have the one of 1st square tube BTF link brackets made. Dan cut it out for me back in February. It is a great peice and made fabbing my 4-link a 1 day job. Tottaly worth the $70 just in the craftsmanship, and time saved. Never seen the Avalanche peice before, but it looks good too.

I dont know of anyone else making them though

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think crawltech offers this one

Attachments

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
all those look really nice, but what about all the other brackets you still need to make? That one bracket wouldn't take more than an hour or 2 to build even with a pretty modest set of fab tools. Granted it wouldnt be quite as bling, but the function would be the same. What about all the axle bracketry, and the other 2 frame mounts?

Dallas

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StinkBug said:
all those look really nice, but what about all the other brackets you still need to make? That one bracket wouldn't take more than an hour or 2 to build even with a pretty modest set of fab tools. Granted it wouldnt be quite as bling, but the function would be the same. What about all the axle bracketry, and the other 2 frame mounts?

Dallas

all available thru either btf or avalanche.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I just received my big box of BTF's bling...Last link set-up I did I fabbed my own brackets...Took friggin forever. Not this time! Personally, for the price, and if you have a day-job, kid's, wife, house, etc., pre-fabbed is the only choice.

I even splurged and bought these for my rear coil-overs...3 piece system...If they work out well I might do them for the front as well. Could have used plain old tabs, but what the heck...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Don't forget these pieces of shit :smokin:

With the Batwing from BTF you could have your 4-link setup in a matter of hours. I think he can make these for you radiused for a 60, 14 bolt, whatever. Just give Dan a call and he can do it for you. Don't go by just what is on his website.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
But if they don't fit the horizontal seperation you want or don't use the size joint you want, you're still gonna hafta make your own. I personally don't see the point. I would think if you're going to all the trouble of 4 linking something, you've plugged the numbers into the calculator and know what angle and how much seperation you need to get the numbers you want. But that's just me I guess. No offense intended to anyone contemplating going this route.

Sean

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
No offense taken. Most of what we're talking about here are individual tabs...Depending on angle of your links you will have to shorten one of the pre-fab tabs, and width is set (of course) by the individual...All that's easy comparied to fabbing all the brackets from scratch...For a front and rear 4-link w/coil overs your talking 52 total tabs! That translates into a lot of flap-disks! ;)

--D

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Thanks for the great comments guys. We appreciate the business. If you have any questions let us know.

As many of you already know that do business with us we have the means to cut what ever bracket you need. If you do not feel the vertical seperation in our current part will work let us know. The parts can easily be modified. In a lot of situations it really does not matter since the top an bottom tabs are not connected. On the rockwell axle they are connected. For the most people the vertical seperation will be fine because of running 44 inch tires.

The brackets do save tons of time. A&A makes tabs for a great price, however just about every tab or bracket will build for suspension links are CNC Laser cut from either 5/16" or 3/8" steel plate. That being said our brackets are going to be a little more expensive. We build products for rock crawling where brute strenght is needed.

If there are any brackets you guys need cut all you have to do is fax over a drawing. We will let you know a price. The drawing can be a simple hand drawn deal. We can do the CAD work. We have taken poster board cut outs sent to us by our customers and turned the template into a part ready to be welded on.

Keep in mind we have many tabs and brackets we make for projects here in the shop. Not everything is listed.

I agree it is a fun hand fabricating a bracket, but time is worth money. In some cases it does require a hand made part. When laser cutting tabs we can add shapes to the edges or cut outs that would take a long time to do by hand. By adding the extra detail to brackets it adds a little to the over all project.

Thanks again for the biz. Let us know if you need anything.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
not to knock the BTF stuff cause it is sick as hell and I WISH I could buy them, but aren't you guys doing the math on these 4 links. I am working on mine (on paper) and I just can't buy prefabbed mounts without totally screwing with my roll axis. Unfortunately I don't see I have any other option but to build them myself. Link setups are very custom and should be built around the vehicle not around mounts. But to each their own.

With that said.

Dan, if I sent you drawings can you make me bling mounts?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
OK I stand corrected. Good to see someone is makin all this stuff. At first I thought you were just buying the one bracket for the lowers, but now that I see the rest I see how much time and effort can be saved. Tabs are a tedious PITA to make, and these things are really nice looking and next time I'm building a link setup I'll definitely be lookin at buyin a few.

Dallas

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
CA_YJ said:
not to knock the BTF stuff cause it is sick as hell and I WISH I could buy them, but aren't you guys doing the math on these 4 links. I am working on mine (on paper) and I just can't buy prefabbed mounts without totally screwing with my roll axis. Unfortunately I don't see I have any other option but to build them myself. Link setups are very custom and should be built around the vehicle not around mounts. But to each their own.

With that said.

Dan, if I sent you drawings can you make me bling mounts?
We build custom mounts for our customers all the time.

Some of the tabs are from years of building 4 links. You are correct that they will not work for every application, but most they can be modified very easily to work.

If you need something custom simply fax or email over a drawing. if you have poster board cut outs of what you want send them to me. We can make the part from that.

Thanks for your interest

Dan

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
StinkBug said:
OK I stand corrected. Good to see someone is makin all this stuff. At first I thought you were just buying the one bracket for the lowers, but now that I see the rest I see how much time and effort can be saved. Tabs are a tedious PITA to make, and these things are really nice looking and next time I'm building a link setup I'll definitely be lookin at buyin a few.

Dallas

just let us know what you need. we will hook you up. you know it never hurts to mention Pirate when you call

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
418 Posts
another very happy BTF customer

i used the 14 bolt set up, all i can say is sweeeeet
why reinvent the wheel, wish i could do it as nice myself

1 - 20 of 24 Posts