Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Toyota Dismantlation
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, in a bit of a dilemma. I misplaced my 85 rear drum brake bleeder valve and didn't feel like tearing the whole garage apart but can't find one locally, so where can these be purchased asap? Thanks

EDIT: every other bleeder valve on these trucks are bigger.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do you have a Napa Auto Parts near you. My local Napa has a bin full of different little parts and peices, I think they might have one.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Should be M10-1.0 x 35mm

·
Toyota Dismantlation
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Should be M10-1.0 x 35mm
79-95 front calipers and 86-95 rear axles use that thread and pitch, but the pre IFS rear axle uses smaller bleeder valves, 1mt1 or something.
EDIT: 7mm x 1.0
We found the e brake lever and will ship with your charger, let us know if you need a bleeder thrown in the box.
Sweet, thanks for finding that assembly for me, can't wait to have a parking brake again :shaking: Besides that lever with the hardware, the only thing I need right now is that bleeder valve, so if you get me a pre IFS drum brake bleeder valve too that'd be :smokin:

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
I finally got the package and the bleeder valve that you said you had for me is the wrong one. you sent me a 10MM bleeder valve. I specifically started this thread to enlighten people that the rear pre-IFS bleeder valve is not the same size as all the other bleeder valves and I needed a 7mm Pre-IFS bleeder valve but you did not send me the right one
I will put a small one in the mail today. As the years go on and people put diff wheel cylinders in I have seen the size go up and down. They are not always year specific. So when I told my guys an early one they just grabbed one from an early truck with out looking.

·
Toyota Dismantlation
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will put a small one in the mail today. As the years go on and people put diff wheel cylinders in I have seen the size go up and down. They are not always year specific. So when I told my guys an early one they just grabbed one from an early truck with out looking.
>.< Ok, thanks. As far as I know, the 79-85 rear axle drum brake backing plate is drilled and the line is tapped for 7mmx1.0 pitch bleeder valves.

I'm registering this truck some time next week depending on how many days I have my brakes operational :homer:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
obviously he was trying to save some cash on shipping. Why don't you just go buy a new wheel cylinder for $15 and get a new bleeder? Heck if you wanted to be a dick you could pull the bleeder and take it back and say you changed your mind heh.

·
Toyota Dismantlation
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
obviously he was trying to save some cash on shipping. Why don't you just go buy a new wheel cylinder for $15 and get a new bleeder? Heck if you wanted to be a dick you could pull the bleeder and take it back and say you changed your mind heh.
mine never came with bleeder valves, i had to reuse the old ones, i didn't think of this sleezy method though :beer:

·
Registered
395 Posts
wow thats some bullshit.. and you waited a month for that??? how many did you need erick?? i just got a 85 axle the other day free. it should have 2 bleeders on it. i will send you them free and you can prolly have them by wednesday. or come take a drive to cape.. pm me.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
wow thats some bullshit.. and you waited a month for that??? how many did you need erick?? i just got a 85 axle the other day free. it should have 2 bleeders on it. i will send you them free and you can prolly have them by wednesday. or come take a drive to cape.. pm me.
Dave is trying to do him a favor sending them to him for free. If he was not so damn lazy and looked around he could find them at an auto parts store or order the from Summit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-639570/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts