Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently stumbled across predator carburetors. Stop laughing. I realize they're old technology but without the coin to run efi is this a good alternative?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
They can be. Back in the 80's, monster trucks pretty much all used them, and that was when they bounced around like a football instead of the relatively cushy ride they have now. My own experience with a Predator is that they are unshakable as long as you are not at idle or right off idle- but that was just mine. Also, keep an eye on those rubber flaps that cover the top air doors. They HAVE to sit perfectly flat or it will not meter fuel to air correctly. Awesome throttle response- unmatched by anything else I have tried.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Buddy of mine is running one on a comp mud racing bronco on 42's and a 600ish hp bbf, works awesome, only issues he's having that we've been trying to figure out is that in the races the mud packs in around the throttle linkage (its on the front of the carb facing the front of the motor) and hes been having issues with it sticking wide open or not coming back down to idle, but other than that its been flawless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts