Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sale or Trade-PRERUNNER 4door FORD EXPLORER(4x4)- Caged front to rear, KING Coilovers

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc455/cojeeper/

*Call me at seven20-three15-two516

My name is Chris, I have for SALE or TRADE, a Ford Explorer Built in the Deserts of California. My buddy owned it for 8years since the build and then he traded me for my Jeep Crawler. SO the history is at my fingertips if the next owner needs anything. Below is a list of what the rig is equipped with. I recieved it in a trade for a Rockcrawler of mine and realized I only use the X as a DD rather than what it is built for. Just want to put it in the hands of a prerunner enthusiast and builder who can build it how they want.

*ENGINE-
Ford OHV 4.0L 6 Cylinder (MPG 17/20) 134k
Cold Air Intake
No Governor
Full Engine Cage tied to the Frame and Cab Cage
ENGINE BLOCK HEATER for those cold days (just plug it in!)
SMOG Parts are available with the truck, just not on right now
RED TOP battery (located in rear of truck due to engine cage)

*SUSPENSION/DRIVETRAIN-
Tranny is the 5-speed M5OD
Newer Clutch (have receipt)
KING Coilovers Front and Rear (Just Serviced)
(TTB) Twin Traction Beam Front Axle-Dana 35 with Dana 44 Components
33x12.50 BFG Mud Terrains (Balanced perfectly, evenly worn)

*INTERIOR-
Front and Rear Racing seats
Full Racing Harnesses
Full Cage tied to engine cage and frame (12point)
Rubber Mats
Console with 4cup holders

*MISC-
POWERTANK On Board Air Tank with Gauge/Hose/Hookups
CB Hookup/Antenna
HELLA Rally Lights on front (2sets)
EMERGENCY VISIBILITY STORM LIGHT on Rear of truck
Desert Light post base welded to rear bumper
Rear Caged Tire Carrier (Full 33in BFG Spare)
Full Fiberglass 98 Ford Pre-Runner front clip

****ASKING PRICE-- $8000obo MAKE ANY OFFER or trade (have had some odd ones so far-drift cars,corvettes...but I am looking for a 4x4 preferably with a removable top)****

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc455/cojeeper/

If I am missing anything please ask anything.

*Call me at seven20-three15-two516

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.73 gear ratio. Front TTB (twin traction beams) have been cut and lowered, and rewelded and braced. After market trailing arms. Heim Joints. Extended shackles. Let me know if you need anything else
Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
OK, Im going to pull the Jeep out of the shop right after new years. Im going to borry a top from my buddy and see if I can get it to fit on there. I want the explorer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great looking build, I got your PM. My CJ is what your looking for. Your pretty far away from me though. Do you have any You tube video of this thing in action. The cage looks awesome inside. Only draw back is your seating capacity is only 4. Wonder if you could squeeze another seat in the back? anyways I am checking out your photo bucket.

·
Registered
254 Posts
trade u a 1970 toyota fj40 land cruiser
just rebuilt 3 spd t-case
chevy tbi 350 out of a 1995 1500 truck
chevy 420 trans
spoa
pro comp shocks
stainless braided brake lines
33" mud terrains
con-ferr rear bench
new interior
8500 lb winch
new soft top
power steering conversion
con-ferr full cage
working heater
all original white paint
disk brakes
runs and drives great my daily driver

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking build, I got your PM. My CJ is what your looking for. Your pretty far away from me though. Do you have any You tube video of this thing in action. The cage looks awesome inside. Only draw back is your seating capacity is only 4. Wonder if you could squeeze another seat in the back? anyways I am checking out your photo bucket.
Yes , with a few changes to the cage in the rear, a 5th seat would fit quite nicely, and no videos. Only video is the FABWERX Explorer which is very similar but less fab cage work.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does great on and off the road, with stock gears it cruises at 90 like its on rails, straight as an arrow. Mpg if easy on the pedal and go the speed limit, 20mpg. But even still if I floor it from A-->B it gets 17mpg. I moved from MD and wouldnt hesitate to drive it to and from twice. Keep it maintained, fluids, etc, and itll be your weekend road trip rig and your daily driver if needed. It crawls great as I did a trip to Wheeler Lake, CO before the winter and it was amazing. That is a lot to come from me since I build Jeep crawlers and this could have kept up no problem with half the ride height. It all has to do with the Kings, the articulation is sick. Not sure Ill ever use anything besides them in a rig because of this. They were just serviced a year ago front and rear, as was the clutch replaced right before I got it. If Im forgetting anything, let me know!
God Bless

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts