Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally finished it today...100 ton cap so when I find a big jack for free it will go in...will live with the 20 ton for now...LOL...now I wont complain about not getting pressed..:p.......only about $79 in metal here........

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Very nice! I bought a 12-ton last year and bent it on the first use, disassembling a driveshaft of all things-the spline had seized.

Now, the original press is but a memory as it keeps bending and I keep improving. Really wish I'd gotten a good one the first time around-how many times have we said that?

Paul

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Travis Waldher said:
what.. not hydraulic? :confused: :flipoff2:
Sure it is...just have to pump it.....manual muscle motor...:flipoff2: ...Ya cant have everything....LOL

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Looks like a real nice job making that press. I am not quite sure how it will do when actually asked to contain 100 tons though. Looks more like a 20 tonner to me.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frame is 4x3 3/16 rec. tube, top, bottom are 4" structural u-channel as well as the shelf...although I am really just going to get a 40 or 50 ton jack on it...someday...Close to 300lbs...heavy sucker..works for now...

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
thats funny about the u joint breaking the press, well not really.
but i have a HF 20 ton, and was doing a u joint for my bro.
well after a little :smokin: okay a lot of :smokin:
we go out and try to press the little u joint out, well after a few tries, we decide it must be binding or just really stuck.
so we get it in ther one more time, and crank that fucker down.
then we stand back for a second...
you should have seen us all jump back when the press hopped like foot, breaking the welded cap off the cross.
the cap had welded to the cross, scared the shit out of us.
but didnt fawk the press.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts