Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not done searching around here in Tucson but I've had little luck finding some cheaper D44. Now, it might be me. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions but so far, the cheapest I've found for a set has been 500. Today I called a local truck yard and they came in at around 1000 for the 44s and 1250 for the 60's. Maybe thats market price around here but I've read about some killer deals in the mid three hundreds for a set from you guys online.

A friend has an old 454 GMC thats he'll part with for 300. I might stick my head under there and see what its riding on. Anyways, does this sound right? Common used axles going for this price range? If so I might hunker down and pick up a set.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The prices you listed are like that from most junk yards around here, however there is one good one around here in the area. We drove a Ford truck out of there with a D44/D60 for $300. Its all about finding the right yard.

Heck last weekend we picked up a 14-bolt and 44, driveshafts, steering, etc, off a farmer who had an old truck sitting in a field, $200, we just asked him if he'd sell any parts off of it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
MitaDC128 said:
I'm not done searching around here in Tucson but I've had little luck finding some cheaper D44. Now, it might be me. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions but so far, the cheapest I've found for a set has been 500. Today I called a local truck yard and they came in at around 1000 for the 44s and 1250 for the 60's. Maybe thats market price around here but I've read about some killer deals in the mid three hundreds for a set from you guys online.

A friend has an old 454 GMC thats he'll part with for 300. I might stick my head under there and see what its riding on. Anyways, does this sound right? Common used axles going for this price range? If so I might hunker down and pick up a set.
My rear D44 came out of a mid 70s 1/2 ton pickup truck. 4.27 factory gears ,wide track. With 35s/T176/D300 40:1 ratio 70 MPH @ 3000 rpm.
Cost me $100. additional work: redo the brakes, change gear oil and weld new spring perches

1 - 3 of 3 Posts