Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be co-dawggin' with Pistola. Can't wait!!!! Who else is going to be there? I'm sure we could use some pit help if ya wanna help!!!! :beer:

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill pit in trade for a place to sleep:D
Sure you can sleep in my hotel room, but you need to bring ear plugs for me to wear. :p

I'm flying down Thursday night. Let's GET IT!!! We are pre running in the TT, maybe I can talk him into giving you a ride. :smokin:

edit - It's this Saturday!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey good luck this weekend. We'll be out there in the 5/1600...see ya

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Can't find any info on Pistol, What happened? Did you guys finish or DNF like the Hawaiian?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Even Though Lance didn't finish... DIRT NEWZ RACING TOOK FIRST!!! in class 5-1600 by over 5 minuites completely SPANKING the competition.
Maybe you can get some lessons from Tim and Brittney at the next race Lance :flipoff2:
Congrats Guys!!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Race report coming I assume?
The race was pretty fawking INSANE while it lasted. One of my favorites so far, just because we had a lot of FUN. Pete was pretty relaxed, and so was I. We had Stripper Pole Randy in the third seat, so we had a good, competent team. We had a HUGE crew, which worked their asses off...

We started 13th, behind Travis Coyne, and in front of Jesse James. We had a great start, and was hauling ass on our first lap, passing a few trucks, and a few broken trucks. We clocked 118mph as our fastest speed, and the truck was running great. We came into MM55, where we came into dust, and about 4 trophy trucks duking it out in the largest, nastiest whoops I've EVER seen. There were boulders strewn on both sides of the course, visibility was about 1%. Pete asked me what I wanted to do, and simultaneously Randy and I said "Pass them mother fawkers!!!!" So it was awn like donkey kong... I won't say what transpired next, but the end result was a missing hood, front bumper, and 6 HIDS. :laughing: Unfortunately when the front bumper flew off, it went under the truck and wiped out the driveshaft. We made it back to main pit where our awesome crew changed our shaft out, and got us dialed in for lap number two. Unfortunately the day would go downhill from there.

At about RM 40 on lap two the fuel pump died. We had a spare, so we swapped over to the new pump and were back on the road. We were way out of the race at this point, and decided just to have some fun. We made it back to our main pit where Randy got out, and Mike Childress (former Honda 1x team member) hopped in. We went back out and were having a great time when the crank pulley let lose at RM 30 or so. We decided to call it a race, and called for the trailer.

When our chase crew arrived, we were greeted by Renee with two ice cold Cornonas. It was like seeing an angel from above. :laughing: Quite possibly the best beer I've ever had.

While it was frustrating to DNF, I will NEVER EVER forget that first lap. Ask me about it sometime in person, and I'll try and explain it. But if you weren't there to experience it, you'll never understand...

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Thanks, I needed a little fix after missing the event. Sounds like this year was far better then last year all around.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts