Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, new to the forums, just picked up a pro32 + 220 degree die, from pro bender.com

im having issues, and cant even get started.

i just put it together but the die doesnt seem to work with them bender i got? i think i have a mixup in bender arms, and die sets i purchased pro 32 bender+die.
i will take some pictures tomorow to clarify what it is i am trying to say is the problem...

the die will not sit horizontal, with the pin in the first hole. i can load tubing but only at an angle without the pin in, but then i cant clamp it with the u lock too. the tubing wont load horizontal due to the die not fully retracting with the first pin installed prior to loading the tubing. everything binds. the hydraluic cylender is maxed out on the return side, and the bender arms cannot go in toward the bender any further to make the first hole on the die line up, they hit the other bender pins

im at a stand still, and quite frustrated, im $1400 invested into this bender, and i have cursed more than i need to at this now, someone please get back to me, im at a stand still with a brand new product, and i am wishing i just bought the jd32 locally for the extra couple hundred bucks......

pictures up tomorow. i got some today, but they turned out blurry,.

·
Vendor
2,594 Posts
I am not sure if this is related..... There was another thread on here a few weeks ago that sounded similar. The solution was to use a washer somewhere. I will try to find it.

·
Vendor
2,594 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
close, but my issue is i cannot pin the first hole, to even start a bend at ALL.
poor pics, but ill grab new ones today. im almost sure, i got a pro tools die, and a jd32 bender from TMI, :/ first pic, no upstrap, die pin is in, arms are fully retracted. u strap wont go on, die is not fully retraced.
second pic, u strap is on, pin wont go in because the first hole is still off about a 1/4 inch.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2844/gopr0441.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9412/gopr0443.jpg

·
Registered
878 Posts
Johnny-

I am not sure why this is happening but I will get with Dean over at Pro Tools to get an answer for you. Sorry for the inconvenience and we will get this taken care of in a timely manner.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the post and call rob,
hoping we can get this taken car of asap! i gotta race in a month, and need to start on this cage!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so far, great customer service, they are getting me a new die ASAP,
ive never had a merchant call me, on their time to fix an issue with me.

i thought i was in for an international whirlybird.!! thanks.

·
Registered
878 Posts
thanks for the post and call rob,
hoping we can get this taken car of asap! i gotta race in a month, and need to start on this cage!
Hope our phone conversation took care of your concerns. If it is not right, our aim is to make it right. I will contact you one Monday and give you an update on the new die. Have a great weekend and thank you for understanding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
so week went by, got some instructions on how to use the bender with the die i was given? not pleased. one bit.
1. USE THE 7/8” X 6 ½” PIN AND PLACE IT IN THE U-STRAP.
2. START YOUR BEND WITH THE ARM PUSHING THIS PIN TO APPROX. 40
DEGREES.
3. RETRACT CYLINDER AND INSERT DRIVE PIN.
4. FINISH BEND AS NORMAL.
is all i got. basically its telling me to use the edge of the main bender arms, to push the side of the ustrap pin instead of the first die pin hole to start my bend, retract and then use the first hole. this seems like a rediculous idea, you have to bend your pipe 15 degress +- before the first die pin can even be put in, but it works for now,

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Can someone explain what the issue is here?

I've been window shopping for my first bender and the Pro32 looks very nice. Less floor space, bends serious tube, etc.

But this sounds, er, wrong. How many times do you have to replace the pin to bend say 180 degrees? Assume I have the hydraulic ram.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the same boat about to pull the trigger on a pro32 but this issue sounds like a design issue, to me if you cant start a bend with the ram pushing on the pin in the first pin hole something is amiss

·
Registered
878 Posts
We have since discontinued the version of the die that was explained in the previous post by Johnny. You no longer will have to use the U-Strap method on our version of the 32 die. Having said that. On average it will take you 2 pin positions to create a 180 deg bend.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Thanks Rob,
I know you guys have top notch customer service from other Pirate bender threads.

But I'm still confused. I thought the Pro32 used JD2 Model 32 dies. So your're saying you're making your own dies, and if you want to use JD2 dies you have to use the U-Strap method to start the bend? Does this apply to all die sizes?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Our Pro32 will use the "Original" M32 dies from JD2 or it will use our new line of Pro32 dies that Pro Tools builds for us. Up until now the Pro tools version you needed to use the U-Strap method. Now as of last week I resigned the Pro Tools version of the Pro32 dies to work just like the original JD2 M32 die set where the 7/8" pin will not need to be used in the u-strap. You can slide it into the first hole position. Just like all of our other benders. Now the only difference is a better price on the Pro32 dies over the M32 dies and better turn around time on dies.

Let me know if you have any more question I would be glad to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts