Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I had Rancho Springs until I steam cleaned them and found stickers that said Pro-Comp 31252-1.

These springs still ride hard to me.. I have 6 leaves in front and 5 leaves rear. Seems bass-ackwards to me? 2 1/2 -3" lift I believe, 33s clear plenty well.
Anyway.. The spring wraps (4) are tight and bushingbolts are too tight. My questions is can I make these springs ride and flex any better or is it a lost cause. I know nothing about Pro-comp. I am ordering some greasable bolts and pins and poly bushings to see if I can get some use out of these springs.
I see they are made in Canada, I'm really thinking the PO put them on the wrong axles. What do you think? It's a DD driver

Opinions wanted

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I don't know but as soon as I get some new springs I'll give you money to take away the pro comps off my Cruiser. Stiff as hell, totally not durable. Sure were cheap though back then, you get what you pay for.

I'd pull them apart, lube them up, and maybe take out a leaf or two. If I had 4 of them in good working other that's probably what I would do, but one has a broken main leaf.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dieselcruiserhead said:
I don't know but as soon as I get some new springs I'll give you money to take away the pro comps off my Cruiser. Stiff as hell, totally not durable. Sure were cheap though back then, you get what you pay for.

I'd pull them apart, lube them up, and maybe take out a leaf or two. If I had 4 of them in good working other that's probably what I would do, but one has a broken main leaf.

Not what I wanted to hear..:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
I called pro Comp and they said the front axle does get 6 leaves.

bennett

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rocrawler said:
The reason there are 6 leaves up front is because of the weight of the engine.:p Yes I've been running these springs for over 5 years.:D
SO.....do yours ride like your sitting on the differential?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts