Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://community.webshots.com/user/millerman101

I would have posted them but didn't want to kill the board. Give some good feedback on the CJ-5 project

Currently 103" with no weight on suspension
350,th350,np205
SOA on 2.5" BDS Wrangler Packs
D44 Front (Narrowed 3" and moved forward 3")
14 Bolt rear (Miller Locked and Moved rearward app. 6")
3/8" thick diff cover on the rear (Millerman special)
Hy-Steer

Things I need advice on:
Does the Steering box need to be moved ahead 3" also?
Is a 3/4" Hiem going to give enough rotational travel for the traction bar? (mounted with a shackle to the rear crossmember)

The Bender was purchased recently by 4 of us (Nova hear on the board and myselfalong with two others) Here is the hydro mount coming together! Over 100 degree with one stroke of the cylinder!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I run SOA modified Wrangler packs w/o SRS and D-44 and did not have to move my steering box forward.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
you got a lot of load on that one 1/2" bolt that's holding the bender down and taking the force of the ram ... how long have you had it in use with the hydro ?

edit: after giving it more thought the ram is just forcing the two pieces apart which is the way it would work manually. so it's probably all right I guess.

- jack

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nobody20, did you relocate your axle forward 3". Mine is not a SRS either, just moved ahead 3"!!!

Morpheus, ya figured it out there! The bender is bolted to the table through the 1/2" X 3" Flat Iron that is 30" Long! The 2 3/4" bolts hold the bender side down and then there are the 2 3/8" bolts at the other end bolted to the table, it's very secure. The Cylinder swings on a piece of 1.5" thick poly to relieve pressure off the 3/4" Hinge Bolt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.