Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i got a dumb question...is there supposed to be holes, or some notch or something in the pvc insert in the wheel? I just put one together and cant air up the tire. The insert seems to have sealed against the rim and i cant get any air to actually go into the tire, only in that gap between it and the wheel. Should i have drilled holes in it or something??

·
Registered
248 Posts
There should be 4 holes in each insert. Drill 4-3/8 diameter holes in the center of the insert at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 0'clock positions.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my inner rings there are no holes at all. I suppose I need to drill them.

Are they normally predrilled? I was under the impression that these are a bolt on sort of bead lock.

Even the write up on the web page does not mention anything about drilling holes????

·
Registered
824 Posts
I cut a notch so it would slide over my valve stem but not all the way through the insert. Then drill the holes like mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
TheRipper said:
Hey there is a notch but to make life easier just pull the valve stem out and drill a small hole in there then reinsert the valve stem and air them up.Learned that from Gunracer..:D

We did that for the one that was already mounted, but the others we drilled 4 3/8's holes in.

They seemed to air up about the same. Worst case we will have to pull the one with only one small hole in it back apart and fix it.

Very weird though that they are not drilled. One of his rims is MIA also. 5 got shipped only 4 arrived, got to love shipping companies.

All in all very sweet rims, go together great once you get the rythme down

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the drill thru the valve stem trick worked well to get the one inflated. Ill just rotate that one to be my spare :laughing:
Now i just gotta mount up the other two tonight :cool2:

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
low_range said:
Yeah the drill thru the valve stem trick worked well to get the one inflated. Ill just rotate that one to be my spare :laughing:
Now i just gotta mount up the other two tonight :cool2:
I would just drill through all of them.It is a pain in the ass to get them mounted much less to make sure a valve stem is lined up with the insert.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The same thing happened to me. I bought 5 and they shipped 4 and then none of them were drilled. I also had to send the inserts back to Stazworks to be machined to a thinner size. When the tire 37X12.5X17 MTR and the beadlock were together the cross section was wider then the rim. Once you get everything right it goes together pretty easy. I just wish that Stazworks had some better instructions and better quality control. Other than that I think I like them.

http://homepage.mac.com/ryanandjessaka/.Pictures/DSC01337.JPG

Ryan.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Holy gigantor picture, Batman! :D
(BTW, you are missing some lugnuts :flipoff2: )

I'll have to remember this thread when I get some double locks. I was planning on ordering from Stazworks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
scottryana said:
The same thing happened to me. I bought 5 and they shipped 4 and then none of them were drilled.
In my case i cant blame em for not getting all 5, since UPS sucks ass and lost mine :mad3:

the one i drilled thru the valve stem. The others i drilled 4 3/8" holes as suggested. Got em all mounted up and on the truck, and they are SWEET :smokin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts