Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 92 started making a noise yesterday. The power and performance seems fine, however I haven’t been towing. Starts fine, idles, runs, etc.

The noise and vibration starts at about 2/3 to ¾ throttle under power at any speed. Does not do it in neutral. I can feel the vibration through the throttle linkage. The noise seems to be coming from the injector pump area. I operated the throttle by hand and the injector pump seemed to be vibrating, however I never payed attention to it before to determine if the vibes are normal.

Any ideas what is causing this?
KDP?
Solutions?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
damn it would not let me hook it up. go to dieseltruckresoure.com hit the forums and go to first gen. mike

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
I'll have to start watching that board.

I also plan to register with TDR soon.
Looks like the disease is progressing.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went out at lunch and found the problem.
The injector pump was loose.
The previous owner had it rebuilt in the spring, I bought the truck in May.

I tightened one bolt, snugged another, couldn't touch the one in the back.

What do you need to tighten/remove the bolt in the back.
Looks like I need a short wrench to tighten the one on the bottom.

I know what I'll be doing this evening.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
i have a wrench that bent in a "U" shape that i use to get it from underneath. while it is loose push it as far towards the head as you can. it will bump your timing up a bit. mike

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks,
I'll have to custom make a wrench if some of my other custom wrenches don't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.