Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 silverado 4wd and lost the tranny at 115k. Had it rebuild and installed it myself. I hooked everything back up and added 5 quarts per tanny shop request and started it. I was letting it warm up and added another 2 quarts then went through all the gears while sitting in the driveway. When it went into 1st it suck there and now I cant even start the truck because it is in gear. The shift lever moves but the tranny will not shift out of gear. Please help this is a nightmare for me.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I have an 02 silverado 4wd and lost the tranny at 115k. Had it rebuild and installed it myself. I hooked everything back up and added 5 quarts per tanny shop request and started it. I was letting it warm up and added another 2 quarts then went through all the gears while sitting in the driveway. When it went into 1st it suck there and now I cant even start the truck because it is in gear. The shift lever moves but the tranny will not shift out of gear. Please help this is a nightmare for me.
Chill the fuck out 1st of all!!You put it in park, but the engine will not crank? Did ya look to see if your shift cable popped off? The neutral safety switch is part of the switch assembly on the left side of the trans. so if the cable popped off when you pulled it down to first gear, the ECM is still seeing that the truck is in 1st and will not allow it to crank. 95% sure you just didn't get the cable snapped on good and it popped off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts