Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very unique situation. I bought a used Toyota Sunradar mini-rv with a 4 cylinder 2.2L diesel engine in it. We got it to run but do not get adequate power to go up a hill in 1st gear. We checked the compression and we have 400 lbs on each cylinder. It appears to be an issue with fuel. We also cleaned the diesel fuel injectors.

[u

Looking to solve a weird problem, diesel motor starts but do not get alot of power. Looks like the remainder of a turbo is on the engine with part #: VE49F2200HND089 096000-0890 4C00595 22100-54300

It is the part with two nozzles and the tube connecting them. I am being told by antrim diesel that is extremely wrong. Can anyone assist me on this toyota 2.2L 4 cylinder diesel?

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
huh, there used to be a pretty large and dedicated toyot diesel forum...can't remember what it was called.

dieseltoys.com seems to be a conversion company...maybe there?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had basically the same truck, but without the RV or any weight in it. Empty pedal to the floor it might get over 65MPH. If there was a headwind, it didn't have enough power to keep it in 5th gear.

The Toyotadieselmadness.com website is no longer up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts