Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these things worth a shit?

Search didn't bring up much about them, yay or nay.

I just redid my shock mounts, and was looking at maybe getting the Bilstein 5125s, but these being adjustable kindof had my interest (already had Rancho 9000s, they sucked)

Anyone running (or used to run) the MX-6?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You've had them before? Going from "1" to "6" on the knob makes hardly any difference? :confused:

(the RS9000s it was a VERY obvious change when you turned the knob up).

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,800 Posts
You've had them before? Going from "1" to "6" on the knob makes hardly any difference? :confused:

(the RS9000s it was a VERY obvious change when you turned the knob up).
Yes, and I agree. RS9k's make a pronounced difference. MX-6, not so much. At work, we call it the placebo knob. FWIW.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Stick with the bilstiens. The shaft on the MX6 is weak at the end and breaks off fiarley easily. We have warrantied quite a few for this problem. I think the shaft size is to small to have an adj rod inside it. You notice rancho's adjuster is on the body of the shock.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I'll be getting Bilsteins then. :smokin:

'Preciate the info.

:beer:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I have MX6's on the front and the adjustment knobs deffinately dont do a damn thing. I havent had any durrability issues yet though. I've had em for three years or so.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I like skyjacker platnum shocks they work great on my 4runners and they can make them in whatever length you want

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the 12" travel 5125s.

Yeah, these are just for some normal trail running/crawling, no plans for jumping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts