Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen the ad in the new jp mag(shaffers rig) and was wondering if any one has bought any yet?????Where can you get them and what are they going for???I would like to get some 35's or maybe the 37's:D .........Has anyone seen a price on these things yet?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
They've been made

The Race support guys cornered the first batch to take care of their comp teams(not sure if they cornered all of them)- work your local tire stores for delivery- mine came with all the barcoded labels etc.

Aside from price and availability- I think the sx's just became obsolete- flame away.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Question for you guys. Are the production Krawlers exactly like the competition Krawlers? In looking at the pic in the mag, it seems they have changed the sidewall design somewhat. The "Production Krawler" looks alot more like the siewall of an MT. Does this mean BFG creates non DOT approved tires for their competition rigs like Goodyear does? Just the word I have heard, want to hear your thoughts.

I have talked to Interco at length on this subject of selling competition "Copies" to the general public. Like the MTR, how many drag compound non DOT approved MTR's do you think make it to the shelves?

·
Registered
373 Posts
jrussell said:
My buddy works at Factory Tubular Motorsports.... {edited}
jrussel, you may not want to go around making claims and quoting pricing like this for two reasons.

(1) "competitor pricing" w/ BFG is supposed to remain confidential.
(2) many teams get 'em for free, so your friends may not appreciate you disclosing the fact they had to pay for theirs.

I understand you desire to help promote these guys in their competitive efforts as well as their business, but this is not the way to do it.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Good points Vonski!

FWIW- all the krawlers I've had had DOT markings on them last yr and this yr. The production version has a much more agressive side tread.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Re: They've been made

Go2Guy said:
The Race support guys cornered the first batch to take care of their comp teams(not sure if they cornered all of them)- work your local tire stores for delivery- mine came with all the barcoded labels etc.

Aside from price and availability- I think the sx's just became obsolete- flame away.

So are you saying the 37x12.50x17 Krawlers are available to the public?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Nobody20...

I'm saying you should be able to order them- though the dealer may have trouble getting them in as soon as you'd like- but you might be surprised.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: Nobody20...

I just called around at some of the bigger tire places and none of them even have a part number yet to allow them to place an order.... maybe I'm just looking at the wrong stores?

Go2Guy said:
I'm saying you should be able to order them- though the dealer may have trouble getting them in as soon as you'd like- but you might be surprised.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Ask one of them to go out on a limb and call someone- like his distributor, have them call BFG etc etc. Do not accept "It's not in my catalog yet":D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Go2Guy said:
Ask one of them to go out on a limb and call someone- like his distributor, have them call BFG etc etc. Do not accept "It's not in my catalog yet":D
How does that affect those of us planning on getting the tires mail order? :D Tirerack, Discount tire, and 4WPW were who I called so far...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Vonski said:

jrussel, you may not want to go around making claims and quoting pricing like this for two reasons.

(1) "competitor pricing" w/ BFG is supposed to remain confidential.
(2) many teams get 'em for free, so your friends may not appreciate you disclosing the fact they had to pay for theirs.

I understand you desire to help promote these guys in their competitive efforts as well as their business, but this is not the way to do it.
If what jrussel is saying is the markup on crawlers is 100 to 160% that is information that I find interesting. If it is confidential then his buddy should have kept his mouth shut but there are too many BFG dealers to expect wholesell prices to remain a secret. If a shop cant make money with out making a profit of $750 to $1,250 on a set of 5 tires something is wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Don't be so quick to conclude...

Just because BFG sells tires at a racer price does not mean that is wholesale or cost or there is profit in the figure.

As far as tire rack goes- they get there tires from somewhere- a good biz will pick up the phone and get back to you- then you have people who go the distance and say "It's not in the computer yet":rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: Don't be so quick to conclude...

I spoke to a guy at discount tire that is active on another board I'm on and he said he'd look into it for me and send me an e-mail tomorrow... I'll pass along the info when I get it.

Go2Guy said:
Just because BFG sells tires at a racer price does not mean that is wholesale or cost or there is profit in the figure.

As far as tire rack goes- they get there tires from somewhere- a good biz will pick up the phone and get back to you- then you have people who go the distance and say "It's not in the computer yet":rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
So what are you all going to buy when the Krawlers are REALLY available?

1. u-groove it?
or
2. factory grooving?

If u-groove it, what patern do you think will work?

Wish Lance would post some of test results of Krawler vs SX.

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
nobody20 said:
So what are you all going to buy when the Krawlers are REALLY available?

1. u-groove it?
or
2. factory grooving?

If u-groove it, what patern do you think will work?

Wish Lance would post some of test results of Krawler vs SX.
I have no rocks nearby - they are all covered with snow. :( Johnny G did run the production mold Krawlers down in CABO, and they seemed to work good.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Lance said:

I have no rocks nearby - they are all covered with snow. :( Johnny G did run the production mold Krawlers down in CABO, and they seemed to work good.
I'll post a comparison in a couple days of them to 38" TSLs on dry limestone and in mud.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts