Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
buy one of each and find out for yourself. :D

Never going to get a straight answer without real world experience.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
First off, the Profields are $79. But, the Long's, are not $80. If you send Bobby your cores, then yes, they will be $80 to heat treat and freeze. Bobby says they are as strong as his new ones.

As for strength, I would venture to say they are pretty similar. Both are heat treated and cryo'd. The Long's have alot more trail abuse testing than the Pro's, but Zag's of this board was given a pair to test and was very impressed. So, either way, you will like what you buy.

KC

·
Registered
788 Posts
KC_JoNeS said:
First off, the Profields are $79. But, the Long's, are not $80. If you send Bobby your cores, then yes, they will be $80 to heat treat and freeze. Bobby says they are as strong as his new ones.

As for strength, I would venture to say they are pretty similar. Both are heat treated and cryo'd. The Long's have alot more trail abuse testing than the Pro's, but Zag's of this board was given a pair to test and was very impressed. So, either way, you will like what you buy.

KC
the new longs are $80 shipped as of this morning.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KC_JoNeS said:
the Long's, are not $80. If you send Bobby your cores, then yes, they will be $80 to heat treat and freeze. Bobby says they are as strong as his new ones.
KC
IN the vendor section, the new longs are $80 including shipping to compete with the profield pricing.

Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You can them back. only .0005 miles on em. :D

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
we have both pros and longs....so we can see for ourselves which breaks first;)

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
KC_JoNeS said:

Damn, the cold war begins. I missed that post in the vendor's section. Sweet.
Heck, I had two bought for $160 at 7 am this morning before your first post. Now they need to have a chromo inner war.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
NoBrainR said:

Heck, I had two bought for $160 at 7 am this morning before your first post. Now they need to have a chromo inner war.
And for my 44, they need to have a CTM and Bobby Super joint war...

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
I bought two more longs today simply because I have run them for over a year now and I'll be damned if these things will break. I am time and time again amazed at how much abuse they will take. I recently broke a short side inner, and it took out my ring and pinion and detroit as well. The Longs are just fine. They click a lot, so I am putting in new ones and keeping these for spares, though its doubtful that I'll ever need them.
IMO Bobby makes a great product, and at $160 for a pair its a steal for another year of break free wheeling.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
KC_JoNeS said:

And for my 44, they need to have a CTM and Bobby Super joint war...
That would be great, I would then put them in my Redline Birf Elem. kit!!!! Just have to figure out how to lube them!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Dana 44 (or dana 60) end of story....

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
I just ordered my new longs this morning guess I should get chromos too huh?
DWT

1 - 20 of 110 Posts