Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was not my idea, I stole it from mrblaine. I want to give the credit where it is due. just wanted to show the progress. So far I love it. With this idea I am able to run RS9012X which gives me about 13" of travel. I am running these on all four corners.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Where did you get the bracket from? custom or bought? I need to do the same thing really bad. I hate the mounts now.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
DetR6oit said:
Where did you get the bracket from? custom or bought? I need to do the same thing really bad. I hate the mounts now.
It looks like a Ford F250 bracket thats been cut and welded to the frame rail. Go here: Ford Shock Tower Info

The first reply on that post has where they can be purchased and what the part# is.

Jim

·
Registered
823 Posts
how much did you sink it into the frame? how much is it sticking out? What else did you do to solidify the frame at that point?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is a f250 mount. you can get it at any ford dealer. I also used them up front. I cut out 3 sides of the frame and left the back in. You have do use your own measurement so they will fit the lenghth shocks you have. I am running RS9012X shocks all the way around. There is a cross member behind the area I mounted the rear tower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts