Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have finally gotten my CJ mostly done. I have some loose ends to tie up, but I am pretty well done, sans a drivetrain swap (T-18/D20 combo). I know I am not like the hardcore here on Pirate, but I don't need buggy on 42's. :flipoff2:

Here are some progress pictures:

Around 1996:

Couple of months ago:

Currently:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I don't get it, what did you do to the CJ other then put Warn light covers on the KC's and get rid of that hideous cow kicker bling bumper?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the wheels and tires, did some interior work, I pulled the winch, plate, and all mounts, replaced all hardware, cut the bumper, sanded and panted all parts, re-assembled everything. I got a t-18 and dana 20 combo ready to go in, but I need the clutch parts.

what you don't know is that this Jeep has been sitting for 3 years. I have had family, and other things like house payments, etc have taken priority. I now have the funds to really get this guy back on the road.

Next in line is to Herc the tub, and do some minor engine work. I will be back on the trail when this stuff is complete. I am also removing the lights that were once on the bumper. No real need for them.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
ftslogger said:
get this guy back on the road.
:shaking: No offense dude but take this to JU or start talking about your CJ-2a.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShawnM said:
:shaking: No offense dude but take this to JU or start talking about your CJ-2a.
You guys wouldn't be intrested in the CJ-2a...It is going to be a resto project, with all orginial parts, not a buggy.

JU blows we all know that. I refuse to post over there. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is my 74 too :rainbow: to be posted on POR? :confused: I guess this is what the Jeep community is turning into. :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
I guess I'm in a nice mood today.

Look, rigs look good, but they're not typical PBB type stuff. Alot of us are into buggies, 42's, etc. And believe me, I understand the family thing, that why I'm currently rigless and trying to bum parts off people.

But, do yourself a favor, move it to newbie or delete it. Your feelings are gonna get hurt (It is the PBB after all) and things WILL get ugly on this thread.

Lurk around, check out some of the projects and sit back and enjoy. Contribute your $20 bucks if you can and help the PBB out.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
nice matching tires back in the day..

...cow kicker bumper.. :laughing:

edit: i just took the time to glance at your reply's, and yes this is what the PBB is not gawd damned jay hue.. take this drivel over there.. maybe if you throw some 60's on that bitch someone might care a little more. :shaking:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I am into the buggies myself, but I can't bring myself to do it. I won't get my feelings hurt on the interwebnet. No hard feelings....I have been flamed, chopped and all other crap on other boards. :flipoff2: Just trying to express some excitement that I have.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a spare, I sliced the sidewall when wheeling. I had to replace all of the tires anyways. Its long gone now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
supernatural said:
maybe if you throw some 60's on that bitch someone might care a little more
Not that type of wheeling in NC. Hell even the comps don't come out here. Jeep Jamboree comes to Tellico, that is about it. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of Tech,

The spline count on the 76-86 CJ Dana 30's the same as the 72-75 CJ's?

I am going to do a disk brake swap, and flip the tie rods, but I am leery if everyting will bolt up, without having to replace the axle shafts.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I am really starting to get tired of the fawks on this bb. This guy is just showing some excitement on his rig that he hasn't been able to use in the last 3 years. It is people like shit talkers here that are the ones that leave their shit behind at the con and have fawked it all up for all of us. So what if this thing doesn’t have 60's, and 42" tires. I bet he loves his rig just as much as we all love ours. Good Luck to you man and I am sure that over the next 3 years you will have some fun with it and you may even make it bigger and more extreme, and then again maybe you wont, but anyways have fun with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hard Rock Holley said:
What part of the nice posts above make you want to ask a dana 30 question?
I was ticking off my list of what to do next, and that question came up.
:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
yes the same just get the knuckles out and bolt on, remember though that the later d30 knuckles had the cast in caliper brackets

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Drunk Guy said:
I am really starting to get tired of the fawks on this bb. This guy is just showing some excitement on his rig that he hasn't been able to use in the last 3 years. It is people like shit talkers here that are the ones that leave their shit behind at the con and have fawked it all up for all of us. So what if this thing doesn’t have 60's, and 42" tires. I bet he loves his rig just as much as we all love ours. Good Luck to you man and I am sure that over the next 3 years you will have some fun with it and you may even make it bigger and more extreme, and then again maybe you wont, but anyways have fun with it.
Ok everybody lets all have a group hug and sing a song. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
ftslogger said:
Not that type of wheeling in NC. Hell even the comps don't come out here. Jeep Jamboree comes to Tellico, that is about it.
You *do* realize that you can go to Tellico when there isn't a Jamboree there, right? One of the first East coast comps I ever heard of was at Tellico running up Lower 2 back in 2000. There's plenty of hardcore crawling in and around NC, ya just need to look around a little.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
JohnnyJ said:
You *do* realize that you can go to Tellico when there isn't a Jamboree there, right? One of the first East coast comps I ever heard of was at Tellico running up Lower 2 back in 2000. There's plenty of hardcore crawling in and around NC, ya just need to look around a little.

I know. I am talking comps like UROC. I have been to Tellico, Uwharrie, and many illegal places in NC. Globe is good for some hardcore crawling, but with 33's I would get owned. :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts