Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm tryin to get the motor(360) in my truck fired up and it just wont do it. it cranks over just fine, timing is good, sounds farily even when cranking so i figure i'm good to go with the compression issue. i get kinda puzzled so i pull all the plugs for a compression test and i find:
#1 = 110
#3 = 90
#5 = 60
#7 = 60

#2 = 90
#4 = 90
#6 = 70
#8 = 60

4 cylinders have half the compression my old 360 in my jeep did. i noticed that the 4 rearmost cylinders have the lowest compression, any ideas before i rip my cuda motor out and install it in the truck(with a smaller cam of course)?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Try a good squirt of engine oil (like half a teaspoon) in each cylinder, then re-run your compression test. If it's much better it's rings, if not then valves - but at minimum you're looking at pulling the heads to fix it. Also, if you can run your compression tester in a leakdown mode, it's possible to diagnose a scored cylinder wall by slowly rotating backwards through the compression stroke. Sorry to hear this. :(

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my problem is the truck needs to move soon, the cuda(chassis wise) is not up to par(or is that mopar) and i have no money to put into the engine thats in the truck right now. the cuda is comin apart this summer anyways to start fiddling with it so this seems like the wise option at this point.:(

thanks for the tips Llyod, i'll keep those in mind.;)

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it ran low 13's at sac raceway in the cuda with lots of wheelspin into 3rd gear;)

sounds like a crawler motor to me.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well damn I hate to see the motor come outta the sweet little Cuda but if it must happen then it must...:(

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
heh, Big Mo thinks your Cuda's pretty... :laughing:

Brian dude, pull the Cuda motor. DO IT!! DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIT!! :D
I wanna see yer ass on the trail!!

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rumpity rump, rumpity rump goes the power wagon down the trail soon..............:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts