Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I am putting one tons under my TJ. Been knocking out little things over the past couple of weeks, but the axles are going under it this weekend. Goal was to keep it as low budget as possible, while still getting quality parts. I am relatively new to fab work, but luckily a lot of my buddies and fellow club members have stepped up to help me out. This may still be considered newbie, so move it if need be.

Current Setup:

Dana 30/44 Combo, Chromolly's, 4.56's, Lock Rites, 36" IROKs

Buildup Specs:
14b Rear, 5.13's, Detroit Locker, Disc Brakes
Ford HP60 Front, 5.13's, Detroit Locker, 35 Spline Chromolly Stubs, Warn Premium Hubs
Rear WB Stretch using XJ Leafs with 2.5" AAL
RE Long Arm Front Suspension
RCI Fuel Cell & PSC Comp Cut Corners
42" IROKs on 17" MRT Beadlocks
PSC Hydro Assist

What I started with:

Axles Finished (except bracketry on the front)

Front Finished

42" IROKs

Fuel Cell Installed

Comp Cut (I know it looks goofy without the WB stretch)

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Sweet build...fast at that.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Im doing the same thing this summer, I will definately follow this.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, yeah it is a fast build and sometimes it is hard to squeeze it all in. 2 weekends ago we did the axles, last weekend was the fuel cell and corners, this weekend is mounting it al lup. Only part I am waiting on is the BTF TJ2YJ stretch kit. If it does not come in before Saturday, my schedule and end goal will probably be affected.

Here are a few more pics:
RE Long Arm

XJ Springs before and after:

PSC Cylinder after paint

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
looks good...If you don't get the kit you should use all that free time to shave the 14b :flipoff2:

Just kiddin...you may have...hard to tell from the pics...looks like a good buildup, especially timewise...I'm goin on a year with my 1 ton swap

·
Registered
684 Posts
jmhinescj said:
looks good...If you don't get the kit you should use all that free time to shave the 14b :flipoff2:

Just kiddin...you may have...hard to tell from the pics...looks like a good buildup, especially timewise...I'm goin on a year with my 1 ton swap

Haha, this is one of the guys we ride with in AL that I told you about, Joseph. He went the route I probably should have gone (and you told me to go) when I broke last year. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Looks like my rig minus the tons and 42's. I run YJ packs with an extra leaf in the rear, and RE LA's up front on 5.5" coils. Mines at 102".

Lookin good so far.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tweba99 said:
Tweeba is right, I am running 5.5" coils, full tube fenders from BTF, and gonna add about 3" to my bumpstops which will put me at 7.5" of bumpstops in the front.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TEEJ said:
Looks like my rig minus the tons and 42's. I run YJ packs with an extra leaf in the rear, and RE LA's up front on 5.5" coils. Mines at 102".

Lookin good so far.
Can you PM me some more pics of your setup in the rear. I would like to be at 102-104" range. I think the XJ springs with a 5" offset center pin will help me achieve that....

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright Guys, I got busy this weekend!! Friday was out with the old, and Saturday was in with the new! My goal was to have it sitting on all 4 tires by the end of the weekend, good news it is already there and it is just Sunday morning! I had a bunch of buddies come help, and would not even be close if they had not come over. The rear sits higher than the front, but my AAL will sag soon enough. I really like the stance in the front, it is really low, but my bumpstops should stop it from rubbing. WB is just a touch over 105".

42" IROK next to a 38" SX

Beadlocks Mounted

Front Axle Out

Both Axles Out

Coming Together

Rear

Close up of the extension we made

Front Axle in

Setting on all 4's

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
How much further did you push the BTF kit back? Did you stretch the front any? Whats the wheelbase now.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
why not just link the rear? it was allready leafless, and you wouldn't have had to extend the rear

1 - 20 of 372 Posts