Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So reading the July 2017 update of Project 42..I see that Pardoe/Squaw Ridge trail was under the aquatic evaluation. They determined it met the S&G 100 standards.

Does anybody know or think that the trail may open soon after some maintenance? I've never ran this trail and really want too one day hopefully if it's not under litigation forever.

I'm considering calling FS district next week to see if I can get to bottom of this if nobody has a definite answer

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd551937.pdf

Justin

·
Registered
85 Posts
The trail number change that has occurred and the various names used to describe the trail are a little confusing. Pardoe is 16E26 in the update. Based on the discussions at the last forest service open house, Pardoe work will likely follow the completion of Deer Valley and Strawberry work. This years mid-trail Deer Valley work is essentially a practice run since one of the meadows on Pardoe will require something like a 7 or 8 mile trailer haul to get rock and other materials in.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for info. That makes sense. I'd love to help out at a work party on these trails if needed and my work schedule allows

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Thanks for info. That makes sense. I'd love to help out at a work party on these trails if needed and my work schedule allows
Deer Valley work parties coming up! I'll be there the weekend of 16th.

https://cal4wheel.com/phocadownload/...jul-17-web.pdf

NORTH DISTRICT
CONSERVATION PROJECT
This summer the Deer Valley 4wd Trail (19E01) will be reopened immediately six weeks after the snow melts. Last summer the Motherlode Rock Crawlers hosted a work party on the Blue Lakes side of the trail to start working on the corrective actions needed to get the trail back into S&G 100 compliance.
Three more work parties are planned for this summer to continue with the trail repairs. What we need is clubs and individuals to come out and help get the trail back open. Please put these dates on your schedule and try to attend at least one of the weekends. Here are the scheduled work weekends:

• September 9-10 - Align trail location/Tree removal
• September 16-17 - Rock delivered/Armor first river crossing and other trail sections
• September 23-24 – Wrap-up project

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna try for last weekend of Sept to possibly make it. I work weekends and already took off all next week/weekend to go wheeling.

Thanks for info

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pardoe falls under what they call the "Amador High Country Routes".

https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=47470

Here's the original decision notice from January 2017. The last section titled "IMPLEMENTATION DATE" is what you probably want to read.
http://a123.g.akamai.net/7/123/11558/abc123/forestservic.download.akamai.com/11558/www/nepa/102201_FSPLT3_3924974.pdf

And here is an update from early July.

---
Given all of that, our plan of work for the closed roads and trails is progressing. We received a State of CA greensticker implementation grant to help fund much of the repair work on Carson Emigrant Trail (17E24) and Forest Route 16E26. I don’t believe the funds are in our hands yet but should be soon. Most of that work will occur next year, 2018, although we are starting planning activities this year.
---

- Matt

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
The trail number change that has occurred and the various names used to describe the trail are a little confusing. Pardoe is 16E26 in the update. Based on the discussions at the last forest service open house, Pardoe work will likely follow the completion of Deer Valley and Strawberry work. This years mid-trail Deer Valley work is essentially a practice run since one of the meadows on Pardoe will require something like a 7 or 8 mile trailer haul to get rock and other materials in.

Any plan for a strawberry Work date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any plan for a strawberry Work date?
No date has been set but it will be some time in late spring/early summer 2018. Some of the work has already started (the work that requires big equipment on the trail). Work on the trail is totally dictated by snow and there are currently storms on the horizon. The trail climbs over 8,000ft on a north slope so the snow hangs around for a long time, hence the reason for the late spring/early summer window.

It is currently unknown if the trail will open as soon as the snow melts or if there will be a small amount to finish next spring (depends what gets done before snow sets in). I will post up when we hear anything to organize the work day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Strawberry is now open. Pardoe (or as it is now known, Hungaleti Ridge Trail) is set to re-open soon as the Amador High Routes work is compete and just waiting on signoff from the forest service higher ups.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Eldorado National Forest just posted on their Facebook page that Pardoes is back open.

---

Meadow Restoration on Three Final Off Highway Vehicle Routes Completes Corrective Work on Forest Travel Management System - 16E26, 17E19, and 17E24 NOW OPEN! -
Repairs have been completed on three off highway vehicle routes that did not meet environmental standards for healthy meadows. This concludes corrective work that began in 2013 on a total of 18 routes that have been closed while conditions impacting water flow in meadows were fixed. The last three routes - 16E26, 17E19, and 17E24 - have been reviewed by a forest hydrologist and are now open for public use. The Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) for the forest will include these and other repaired routes when it gets updated in the near future.
https://conta.cc/2Q31Z5p

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Thank you to all the volunteers that helped get these trails open.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The maps are still not updated. I guess they have a different definition of "the near future" than I do.
I don't think my club got the EDNF 2018 maps until April or May last year, who knows if the shutdown put them even further behind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts