Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This project will start out as a stock 2008 Jeep JK Rubicon 2 door.

Build Specs:
Built 6.1 Hemi
545RF trans out of a Ram 2500 4x4
Smittybilt XRC Front and Rear Bumpers
Smittybilt XRC10 Winch
37 inch SuperSwamper M16 Tires
American Raceing Teflon Coated Rims
Pro-Comp Lighting on Windshield And Front Bumpers.
KC Windshield Light Mounts
Safari Doorsand Body Armor.
SuperLift 4 Inch Kit

What will stay Factory:
Dana 44's Front And Rear Until I can Destroy the at Tellico
And Transfercase.

We got this jeep with only 334 miles on it.

Now it's time to pull this Mall Crawler Apart.

Now its time for the motor to come out.

By the way I had to post on here so I could here the flameing.:flipoff2:

What were the boys at Chrysler thinking when the decided on this motor.

Here is the empty shell of a soon to be happy Rubicon.

We would like to here any input on what you guys think this jeep should get.

More to come soon.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We know just want to see how long it takes to trash it. We had one in the shop the other day that snapped the right front axle in a mud hole.:eek: We'll replace axles later. We our looking at a couple of options.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,001 Posts
Why in the world would you spend that much in motor and use that suspension and smittybilt chinese crap?

The suspension is passable but it is entry level, the bumpers, which, etc, are equivalent to hf? Why not use high end supension and armor also?

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a big 44 fan anyway. Nor do i like the electric swaybar. Have alot of trouble with those. Just as soon take it off. But I'm limited as of now until stuff starts going to hell. We really want to test this thing and see what the New rubicon is really about.
The only thing original on my Jeep is the tub, and it's cut and beat to crap. But I drive it daily. Just have a great tool bag full of parts.:D

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for the bumpers and stuff I'm limited to a budget. This jeep will in all likelyhood be sold to someone that will nevar take it off raod to begin with. The smittybilt stuff works well for the limited offroad this jeep will probably see. And it dosne't run up the cost of the jeep that much. Our key is going to be on driveline, and horsepower with the trans and 6.1 with high flow heads cams and headers. Plus all the wireing and reprogramming involved.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As stated befor this is not a professional Rock Crawler. It is a logistics build to get the 1st one done. I know we all want Long Arm Kits and Custom fabbed Bumpers. Truth is there is alot being advertised for the JK but nothing is available right now. So we are useing what is available.

This is just a light trail rig that will eventually be sold thru the dealership. Once we have this project completed,We would be more than happy to build your Jeeps to the specifications you would like.:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
On the note of a logistics build, I understand. Putting a 6.1 hemi and all the running gear involved AND going for the gold on bumpers and al kinds of body armor will likely blow the prospect of reselling the Jeep.

On the note of a smittybilt winch though, go Warn. Warn is really the only winch to have (which is of course open to debate), but as a Red Letter Dealer, you can understand my bias.

Other than that, I have my eyes on your build. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We really don't have alot in the bumpers and stuff. Also we just want to test Smittybilts XRC series winches. Plus they have great customer support. I to like Warn. But we want to test some products in this build.

·
Registered
257 Posts
quote: yeah it's a d30 with a lp44 gear set. better start building a 60 now. :quote

Maybe you should do a little more research on the JK 44. I'm not saying it's going to hold up to a lot of abuse, but it's a lot stronger than the old TJ 44.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
When I saw the title of a 6.1 hemi powered JK, I though "Cool, something different" then I saw the list of "Bolt on Parts" and that kinda killed the momentum.

Im just interested in installing the motor/tranny and see the end result of it running.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know what your saying. But we are working on a couple of differant ideas already. We have been in the build stage for about a week getting stuff togethar, and it looks like all the stuff we have here listed as parts may all be going out the window.
Due to the participation of other vendors wanting to help, and use new products.
So evaryone stay tuned we want dissapoint. trying to get some fabrication in the works now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
As stated befor this is not a professional Rock Crawler. It is a logistics build to get the 1st one done. I know we all want Long Arm Kits and Custom fabbed Bumpers. Truth is there is alot being advertised for the JK but nothing is available right now. So we are useing what is available.

This is just a light trail rig that will eventually be sold thru the dealership. Once we have this project completed,We would be more than happy to build your Jeeps to the specifications you would like.:D
To get the 1st one done???

I hope you dont mean the first JK with a 6.1 because you can get those a dime a dozen these days. Burnsville Offroad does them all the time.

Now if you are just trying to make sure that you can be able to do them yourself (to sell through a dealership), then you should first check the market and see how many people are actually going to want to buy this from you.... I really dont think that would be all that easy to sell these days.
Sure a lot of people are wanting a hemi in a jeep these days, but not too many people are able to put one in a brand new JK, most of those people are also wealthy enough to ship their JK to Burnsville

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We know were not the 1st to do this.
Secondly we are working along with Burnsville Offroad, Dan is a great guy to work with. So there is credit where credit is due. He makes this project alot simpler.
We build alot of fast cars and trucks. From street to strip just want to do a fun project for the offroaders.
We are also getting ready to start on our 1st of Ten Mr. Norms Supertrucks.
We have alot of performance stuff at our disposal, so we decided to try this.

By the looks of it so far there is alot of call for these JK's on the East Coast. Have several offers for this one already and it is not evan finished.

We also have a couple local 4WD shops getting involved in some of the areas of the build.

Our driveshafts will be built by Carolina Driveline out of Spartanburg SC
Also some fabrication work done by B&R Offroad here local.

Were going to build this one when it baught we will build another. We don't plan to try and mass produce these things. Yes we are a delaer but also the largest supplier of Mopar Performance Parts on the East Coast and 2nd in the Nation.

It just is what it is a fun project with alot of great people helping out. Nothing more just thaught some people would like to watch the process.

Nothing on this project is set in stone except for the motor maybe.

We our going to take pictures of the motors at our disposal tomorrow and let you all dicide on which one we use.:D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts