Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 456 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started this Jeep adventure like most. Bought a stock 97 TJ and went shopping. 5.5 Rock Krawler kit and 35's. Bunch of mods later and moved up to 37's. Then came Ultra4 WTF.... I want to go fast. three years forward, The weekend after my first Rubicon trip I desided to build it bigger and better. :D

Made room in the shop

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like the home made ring gear guide. How much did you shave of 1/4" ??

Looking good how long did the cage take you?

Keep the updates rolling in..

Nick.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
ooooo, awwwwwwww :goofball:

Since many will probably ask... whats your overall plan?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like the home made ring gear guide. How much did you shave of 1/4" ??

Looking good how long did the cage take you?

Keep the updates rolling in..

Nick.
Shave kit requires you to turn down to 10.050" so about 7/16th. It took a while to do cuz I was a fraid of getting the ring gear to hot.

Still working on the cage a few hours durning the week and weekends. So far I've burned through 4 sticks of material 96' just ordered 3 more.
Bendtech kicks ass. all I can say

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
What happened to the rear steer D30 idea? It will do just fine at KOH :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
What do you think of the Front Artec Truss? I am gonna get the front and rear also, their $hit is the tits! How you gonna weld it up? I am trying to figure out if the axle tubes will need some preload before welding it up, to keep it from bending; curious how you gonna do it.
I see you are using the Artec 4 link kit too, was it worth the money, I cant decide between Artec and Ruff stuff 4 link kits. Both companies make some awesome stuff.
I will be watching this one, good job man.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What do you think of the Front Artec Truss? I am gonna get the front and rear also, their $hit is the tits! How you gonna weld it up? I am trying to figure out if the axle tubes will need some preload before welding it up, to keep it from bending; curious how you gonna do it.
I see you are using the Artec 4 link kit too, was it worth the money, I cant decide between Artec and Ruff stuff 4 link kits. Both companies make some awesome stuff.
I will be watching this one, good job man.

Mike
For the price and style you can beat it. Got both of them onsale. Saved a few hundred bucks with the pirate discount.
I heated up the axle tube first before welding. Front was a bitch to get right, It wasn't made to fit the Dana 70 4" axle tube. So I had to modify the front skid.
The rear 14 bolt fit perfect.

The Dual 4-link Bracket (pair) looks to be the similar to the Genright bracket.

1 - 20 of 456 Posts