Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my jeep on 60's, then rolled it last week on the street. It was totaled and I bought it back now its time to build it a bit. The goal of the project here is nothing terribly fancy but a simple economical build that will perform.

This is what I started with.

This is the accident

The damage

This is where she sits now.

I will have more updates this weekend as the front gets linked up. The goals are to;
-Finish the suspension
-Do some rewireing of things as all my wiring thus far has been the same color.
-Bistein 5150's
-A set of tube fenders with a couple special touches
-39.5 iroks.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I had my jeep on 60's, then rolled it last week on the street. It was totaled and I bought it back now its time to build it a bit. The goal of the project here is nothing terribly fancy but a simple economical build that will perform.

This is what I started with.

This is the accident

The damage

This is where she sits now.

I will have more updates this weekend as the front gets linked up. The goals are to;
-Finish the suspension
-Do some rewireing of things as all my wiring thus far has been the same color.
-Bistein 5150's
-A set of tube fenders with a couple special touches
-39.5 iroks.
right on glad no one was injured in the roll...but my question is....how bad was it exactly to ed up in that drainage ditch?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bearing in the front end seized and the front right locked up pulling me off the side of the road, right where the ditch is. Wasnt to bad. Dropped in and the rear passed the front.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Glad no one was hurt...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Take that insurance check and get some tires, wheels, coilovers, and longarms. Use big rubber mallet on body panels. If you replace all that body work, the first wheeling trip your on your gonna flop it straight back on the hood...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't hurt, the pics make it look bad...

And please tell me they didn't flip it back over with a chain hooked to the axle!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take that insurance check and get some tires, wheels, coilovers, and longarms. Use big rubber mallet on body panels. If you replace all that body work, the first wheeling trip your on your gonna flop it straight back on the hood...
everything but the coilovers, ordered the 5150's yest.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well got the front suspension mocked up today. The brackets are only tacked on and will be gusseted where needed and all.

All I have left to to make a track bar frame mount and shes good to go. What do ya'll think?

lower links are 31.5" and the uppers are 30".

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well got the front end completely buttoned up. It flexes like crazy. Everything moves smooth and clears the way it ought to. The rear should have some progress pics by tuesday night.

full droop

flexed up

full bump

·
Registered
591 Posts
The big question is does the front axle retain oil now... And hurry up and post the rear 4-link, I know you and Schmo had to have gotten somthing done this weekend.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope it turned into a beerfest instead. Should have a good start on the rear by tuesday night.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More progress

battery tray I built from the stock one and the bottem of the start of an inner fender.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jeep is finally coming together

rear suspension done

Tube fenders are close just have to finish the inner fender panels.

As it sits

1 - 20 of 135 Posts