Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 244 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Nice build, I like the one off parts and the fitment is top notch. PS. I don't care which way you run your heims, Carry on!

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I like the steering box mount, any chance your builder might sell that setup ?

It's up to him, but I don't think he would have a problem cutting some out. His contact info is here:
Contact | NVF

·
NERD
8,568 Posts
I always shake my head when I see a single sheer bolt on a pitman arm with high misalignment spacers.....

EMD has some solutions that are pretty nice.

I googled this but didn't find anything. Got a link?

Sorry for the hijack, carry on.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
In some ways :flipoff2:
:D
went through a couple variations on the steering, but if we're gonna spend the time to build trailing arms, everything will be built just as strong.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Like how this is turning out. The front end is turning out great and packaging is top notch like it all belongs there. Do you have any pictures yet of the front axle at ride height clearly showing the panhard and steering in relation to the axle front and side view?

On a side note I find it funny the argument of the rear upper heims. Concept has been around a long time. Most of the time it's convenient for packaging and for #'s but it does handle the side loads differently. Not that I've found a case of a broken race due to a side load on a horizontal bolt. And for those who think a triangulated 4 link doesn't have side loads imposed on the joints need to brush up on the physics of that design. The links take all the lateral forces in lou of a panhard bar.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
No pictures yet of everything complete at ride height.

Originally we built a double shear pitman arm from a drop pitman arm, but then changed to something new. We will be running steering ram off the pitman arm. Not what we originally planned, but I think it will work out.

41 - 60 of 244 Posts