Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Note: please don't take this the wrong way. this is not a cultural attack, but i really am interested in how/why you and your culture do the things you do. i, along with a lot of the people here, truly appreciate what you bring to this forum. you show us that it doesn't take a $100,000 piece of equipment and a $5000 welder to make something...a little knowledge, some creative fabricating, and time is all it takes.

your man in the pic isn't wearing any shoes.

i welded ONCE while wearing sandals...and can't imagine walking around a metal shop without any shoes.

is this normal?

thanks again for all you bring to us!

matt

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeepnmatt said:

your man in the pic isn't wearing any shoes.

is this normal?

thanks again for all you bring to us!

matt
Yes.. This is normal.. These guys wear boots to the shop and do the work in sandals.. I have talked about this before,here too.. They have gotton used to all this.. Not wearing shoes, gloves , or glasses.. So much so that now they feel that these things hinder in there work.. I assure you.. They all have all the protective gear in the cupboards but never use them.. Ans I have not seen any of them injured ever(Thank God)..
Thanks for the appreciation.. I will pass on the comments..

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's friggin awesome fab work. By the way, I spent 18 months in Tandojam back in 1985. My Dad taught at the university there. Nice countryside :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts