Pirate 4x4 banner
61 - 80 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I started adding gussets to the roll cage today. The gussets also supply me with mounts needed to mount the aluminum roof later. On my last Jeep I had the same setup and it worked great. I use inexpensive grommets that you should be able to get at your local muffler shop to help isolate any vibrations. The end result is a 100% rattle free roof.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Well yesterday was a pretty productive day. A couple of my buddies came by to lend me a hand for the day which was awesome. We managed to get the roll cage cleaned up and painted. We finished the sheet metal work on the tub than dropped it off at my buddies for the body work and paint. This week I will clean and paint the rest of the chassis if all goes well.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
haha Ya I learned how not to install ls rockers!:homer

Thanks bigassbowtie for helping me swap out the cam and showing me how to correctly install ls rocker arms over the weekend.

I am getting real close final assembly is well underway. I will upload some more pics when I have more time.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys I really appreciate it!

We are getting closer everyday. The tub is painted and back at my house. My buddy really went above and beyond for me on this paint job. Pictures really don't do it justice. I am really excited to get it done now.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.