Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 658 Posts

·
Runs Amok
14,133 Posts
I just finished watching all 8 episodes. Dude has some serious skills and it's pretty entertaining. Can't wait to see the finished car :smokin:

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Minitec awd kit looks awesome. I moved to Switzerland a few months ago right off the Italian border and i really want to get a classic mini for the wife. Hopefully I can ship it back in a few years to make a autocrosser out of it:evil:
They are dirt cheep around here with a couple really clean ones going for about 5k. U.S.

·
I'm not your buddeh
13,072 Posts
WOW!

I love this! Watched the whole series so far... Cant wait until Ep 9! :bounce: :D

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I watched em all and emailed links to my dad and gearhead buddies. I wish i had the the patience for a project like that:smokin:

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts

·
Registered
34,995 Posts
Yea I really want to buy a beater mini and make it awd. It would be an awesome sleeper.
I think I'm going to do it. I'm not going to cut up my Mini, but I have access to a good roller.
I was going to do a FWD Mini a few years ago, but I just can't live with torque steer.

I am saddened that there is only 8 episodes.
This. I assumed they were already done. I hate waiting for new episodes of anything.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
One thing that got my attention. When he's welded, darn near every time when he stops the weld, there's one last little POP that happens just after the welds stops.

What is this? Is it an effect of a different electrical setup over seas? Or is he actually bumping the trigger for whatever reason after each weld run?

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
One thing that got my attention. When he's welded, darn near every time when he stops the weld, there's one last little POP that happens just after the welds stops.

What is this? Is it an effect of a different electrical setup over seas?
I believe it's a function of his feed/voltage, that the torch is switched, and his own habits. I think he's actually touching the trigger again a half second after finishing the weld to make sure the wire wasn't frozen into the puddle.

But I could be wrong... Since I often am.

·
Runs Amok
14,133 Posts
His welding is ok, but that bastard can run a cut off wheel on a grinder like nobody's business :grinpimp:

1 - 20 of 658 Posts