Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 220 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
Episode 16. - Bad Obsession Motorsport Forum
Here's the thing, we've had a nightmare with the car this last couple of months. Working through some fiddly issues that have pissed away day after day and not got us anywhere. We're trying our best to get it out as soon as possible but day job is also getting in the way. The edit of what we've got so far has been started, so we're definitely getting closer. Sorry.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Bastard, you beat me to it.

These guys are never going to finish this car. If it's taken 4 years to get this far, it will likely be another 4 before they get done.

They're putting an insane amount of time into a car that will probably go out and get wrapped around a tree on the first drive.

By the way, watch til the end to see their "haberdasher".

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Bastard, you beat me to it.

These guys are never going to finish this car. If it's taken 4 years to get this far, it will likely be another 4 before they get done.

They're putting an insane amount of time into a car that will probably go out and get wrapped around a tree on the first drive.

By the way, watch til the end to see their "haberdasher".
Very true.

What I don't get, is the absurd amount of time spent to add in that actuator hood opener. Cool fab skills, credit given there; but completely unnecessary.

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
The guy who does the narration complained about how many takes he was needing, the guy who does all the work said it takes him 12 to 13 takes to get it right.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
As a guy who has dabbled with YouTube, recording shit makes it take twice as long and much longer if you have to do retakes. They need to quit making the talking perfect and just show the work.

OR... they can continue to do as they wish and the rest of ALL of us will just have to wait with great anticipation.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Everyone thinks making videos is quick and easy. It takes lots of work on all fronts to make something at least watchable. The occasional bluper real is all fine and dandy but half rate videos will only go so far.

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
As a guy who has dabbled with YouTube, recording shit makes it take twice as long and much longer if you have to do retakes. They need to quit making the talking perfect and just show the work.
Personally I enjoy the narration and the work so as long as it takes them I'm okay.

201 - 220 of 658 Posts