Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
In that last episode they were welding things to the strut body.... It was pretty grimy and seemingly corroded. And it was the strut body. Did I see that wrong? I imagine that isn't good for the hydraulic portion of it, also, what happens when they have to replace the strut? Or is there a removable shock portion? Or did I miss something and have to go back and re-watch it?
I'd imagine they're gonna use cartridge struts like older supras used, then the shit isn't welded to a consumable part.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,026 Posts
"Pretty smart and really well hung. AND I finished the exhaust." :laughing::laughing:
:lmao:

Looks mint! I can't believe they crammed 3" exhaust in there.

Screenshot_2016-04-10-19-37-51.jpg

Screenshot_2016-04-10-19-34-47.jpg

·
Premium Member
69,483 Posts
His welding is ok, but that bastard can run a cut off wheel on a grinder like nobody's business :grinpimp:
I an cut and grind like a sum, bitch. I can't weld with electrical stuff for shit.

Put a torch in my hands and I'm semi-decent.

·
Runs Amok
14,133 Posts
I an cut and grind like a sum, bitch. I can't weld with electrical stuff for shit.

Put a torch in my hands and I'm semi-decent.
I used to be pretty good at gas welding. I haven't done it in years though. My wife wants to learn how. Hopefully it's like riding a bicycle.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I just got done checking for a new episode. Im just blown away at how he is going through the entire car when he could have found something in good shape for a hell of a lot less work.

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
I just got done checking for a new episode. Im just blown away at how he is going through the entire car when he could have found something in good shape for a hell of a lot less work.
No kidding. That shell must have been damned near free.

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
He was going to have to mod the fuck out of it anyways, so why not? I guess. :laughing:

·
Man Child
24,724 Posts
This... I sell my projects almost as soon as they get done. Once finished I could care less about them. I blame too many legos as a kid.
It's hard to explain to people who don't wrench the satisfaction that comes with it. I'm constantly amazed at track days how many people who are out there that don't do their own wrenching much less even understand how most of a car works "I just drive it".

On the flipside, I find that doing my own wrenching gives me a high amount of "mechanical empathy" and stops me from driving/beating on vehicles as hard as I could to get everything out of them.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
It's hard to explain to people who don't wrench the satisfaction that comes with it. I'm constantly amazed at track days how many people who are out there that don't do their own wrenching much less even understand how most of a car works "I just drive it".

On the flipside, I find that doing my own wrenching gives me a high amount of "mechanical empathy" and stops me from driving/beating on vehicles as hard as I could to get everything out of them.
I'm the exact opposite. I beat the shit out of anything I wrench on myself.

I figure I know how to take it apart, put it back together, what's stout, what's not, etc.

101 - 120 of 658 Posts