Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i am pretty ready to post my build here. This all started three years ago when i bought the damn thing and paid way to much and over the past three years its transformed it from my d.d. to not my d.d. like the title says this is a college kid build. i am not going to tell you i am a broke college kid and then turn around and dump 5k into my axles. i know there will be room for improvement on a lot of things but as it breaks ill upgrade it. i know i have a good base to start from and i can upgrade as i go along so feel free not to tell me that i should upgrade this or that i know what i will eventually need to make this rig bullet proof:flipoff2: here's what the specs are going to be for now

stock 4.0 - 124k
NP435 - Completely rebuilt with the Novak adapter
NP231/dana 300 - was already in the jeep just blew the transmission
dana 60's front and rear - out of an 88 dodge w250 rear getting a disk brake upgrade and eventually 35 spline shafts w/ detroit.
37" goodyears on 12 bolt h1 double bead-locks
all brackets and heims from ballastic fab heims are chromoly 7/8 x 3/4 bore.
rear double triangulated 4 link
front 3 link
uppers are 1.5" by .250 wall
lowers are 2.0" by .250 wall
also reusing half of my skyjacker lift kit. staying coils on all four corners.

now we all now this thread is useless without pictures and no one is even reading this anymore so here we go:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
more adapter and in the kit i got from bronco graveyard i thought was cool i went from worrying about losing a needle to just pressing in the new cup

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
the welds on them arms will never work .. you will need a little more practice ....:flipoff2:

And for f en sake put some safty glasses on when grinding ... one hit and your off to the hospital ....

other than that cool build

·
Registered
298 Posts
p.s. boobage or it didnt happen .... :flipoff2:

realy have a welder redo them. they have zero penatration and will fail. your life and the pretty blonde are at risk ... all joking aside ...

·
Registered
92 Posts
cool build, where ya at in nj? grind those welds down and turn up the heat. you could have a problem with the welder. what are you using?

·
Registered
110 Posts
p.s. boobage or it didnt happen .... :flipoff2:

realy have a welder redo them. they have zero penatration and will fail. your life and the pretty blonde are at risk ... all joking aside ...
x2 yikes..:eek: :skull:

.. theres a caterpillar on that control arm

Luke

1 - 20 of 279 Posts