Pirate 4x4 banner

221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
It was always in my head that i wanted to sell this one before I wreck it.
Realistically i should have just built up my one alittle more ,but i really love building stuff and spending time in the garage.

For now ill keep wheeling it and enjoying it .
I want to get 40s and beadlocks next keeping an eye out for something used.
Its starting to cool off I need to plan a trip !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Happy new year !!

Hope everyone had a good holiday and a happy new year.

For Christmas bought my selfs some PRP seat for the DD jeep the 10 year old racetrims were shot.
image.jpg

Now on the hunt for 40s to put on the buggy any one have any recommendations
Was thinking nitto or maxxis there skinny and thick side walls to bad they dont have a 40/13.50/17 pitbull rocker.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #223 (Edited)
Haven't wheeled this thing in over a year
Started a new job and was just taking it easy.
But picked up a set of trail gear beadlocks and 40 nittos Black Friday
Planning on a wheeling trip soon just need to go over the rig and make a few adjustments.

IMG_5582.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
An option is to not carry a spare. Most say that having the spare "close" is all they require.

It only takes about 15 minutes to install a tube in a beadlock. Look for a skidsteer tube with a 5/8" diameter valve stem. Ditch the spare. A PITA that you shouldn't use that often.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Usually other people us my spare ironically haha
But most off road parks we visit the trailers are close where we leave our spares.
Eventually i will redo the tire carrier ,mount the spare and better storage
,i plan on doing 2018 ultimate adventure since it was in my backyard.

Any northeast wheelers want to join?

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Top picture is how it originally looked like but I moved the heater and throttle pedal module .

IMG_0456.JPG

Put a larger fuse block for the engine harness in its place and relays are all mounted above that in easy reach.
It's nothing fancy like Smitty at Finish line racing but will run
IMG_5713.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Really nice build!! What was it that you didn't like about the spare mounted that way? I'm in the planning stages for the new cage for my TJ build and my original thoughts were to have a spare mounted similar to that, with the same type of swing down/removable mount so you could run with or without the spare and carrier.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Really nice build!! What was it that you didn't like about the spare mounted that way? I'm in the planning stages for the new cage for my TJ build and my original thoughts were to have a spare mounted similar to that, with the same type of swing down/removable mount so you could run with or without the spare and carrier.
Thank you, means a lot.

Where i had the spare was secure and easy to get to with another person helping.
But storage under it was a pain in the ass ,you can't pack much there.
Visibility didnt mater i cant turn my head back in the seat and harnesses.
I wish I could lay the tire flat on the floor but its a small jeep next one will be a pickup.
Stay tuned on how i mount the spare.

Alex

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Thank you, means a lot.

Where i had the spare was secure and easy to get to with another person helping.
But storage under it was a pain in the ass ,you can't pack much there.
Visibility didnt mater i cant turn my head back in the seat and harnesses.
I wish I could lay the tire flat on the floor but its a small jeep next one will be a pickup.
Stay tuned on how i mount the spare.

Alex
Thanks for the insight - now that you mentioned it I can see where it would be a bit of a pain for any kind of storage in the back. The TJ has a little more room, so I'm not going to rule it out completely. Probably just need to hoist up a tire/wheel n the back and see what kind of options/space would be available, depending on how I angled/positioned it.

221 - 240 of 264 Posts