Pirate 4x4 banner
161 - 180 of 266 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Finished all the wiring
I used a painless 1980s cj7 wire harness for all the lights then sent the engine harness (lq9) out to 150tunes. They wire the engine into its own nice little harness with a fuse block and only afew wires to hookup it's supper simple. They only technical part of the wiring was getting all three fans hooked up with relays and temp sensors.

Little tip make sure your wiring is all easy to access for repairs
I tucked my ARB harness up real nice then when it stopped working had a heck of a time trying to get my arms and head under the dash to fix it.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Tire Bumper Automotive lighting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Finished all the wiring
I used a painless 1980s cj7 wire harness for all the lights then sent the engine harness (lq9) out to 150tunes. They wire the engine into its own nice little harness with a fuse block and only afew wires to hookup it's supper simple. They only technical part of the wiring was getting all three fans hooked up with relays and temp sensors.

Little tip make sure your wiring is all easy to access for repairs
I tucked my ARB harness up real nice then when it stopped working had a heck of a time trying to get my arms and head under the dash to fix it.
View attachment 2453202

Nice! Great point. I went to great lengths to keep wiring accessible, but protected.

I used a Ron Francis chassis harness on mine and sent the engine harness off to HotWireAuto.com. Pretty much plug and play from that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Thank you

I'm always learning with wireing , I'll install something then wake up at night thinking of a better way to do it Deutsch connectors ,weld on tabs ,heat shrink tube on everything etc.

We sent out my buddy's harness to hot wire for his yj build
It looks like a very good job , haven't installed it yet but I doubt we'll have any issues
Plus they gave us 10% off when I mentioned I heard about them from Ian at extreme4x4

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 · (Edited)
Ended up finishing the buggy up and taking it to ok4wd truck show.
Took 1st place in the outlaw off-road only class.
The last rig I brought I had gotten 2nd so that meant a lot to me to finally take home a 1st. It's just a mall crawler type show very few people know how much time and work goes into a rigs like we build.
Vehicle Car Off-road vehicle Off-roading Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Off-roading
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire
Jeep Vehicle Car Automotive tire Off-road vehicle
Even made it into a local news paper I can't believe they used this picture looks like I'm sleeping lol

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Congrats on the win; it was well deserved. You have put a ton of hard work into this build!
Thank you , that means a lot

Took me almost 2 years to build
Runs very good but the steering pump is screwed up called PSC they only have a 1 year warranty. I tried to explain that it took 2 years to build and the pump didn't work first time out. Next time I'll have to order the steering when it's almost done. For now I put a good used one in.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 · (Edited)
Made it up to rausch creek for a test run dragged both my jeeps up so my buddy had something to follow me in. We're building him a rig now cj7 tub stretched 15" 1 tons linked mild build.

But the rig worked great runs good
Kinda soft so I orderd new springs for the front went from woreout 175/200 to some new Eibach 200/250 much better but I still want to install the sway bar.
At the car show I noticed the steering coming and going. At the park it did the same would work then some times it won't.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Last two links don't work. No worries, jeep is looking good!!
I'm trying to upload the pictures in a way so there the best quality.
Seems like potobucket is the best. I want the best for you guys lol

Thank you though.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Any pics of how the steering box is mounted and the pitman arm area?
Here you go
Ignore the coolest I spilled all over. Let me know I if you need any. Ore details.

Auto part Vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Headlamp
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Pipe Suspension part
Tire Automotive tire Bumper Auto part Wheel
Headlamp Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

161 - 180 of 266 Posts