Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
19,456 Posts
I assume it'll just completely collapse and kill any/all occupants, but I designed it this way and proceeded to go ahead and build it like this because I'm an asshole. :shaking:
:laughing:

Only took one post. Pirate is the queen of second guessing your work.

Keep up the good work man. I like seeing your updates!! :smokin:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Took a little break from the CJ to work on my TJ, do some wheeling, and catch back up on rest/normalcy. Getting ready to push to the finish line!

Making a little more progress on the cage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Got the X in last night!

4 tubes in the roof to finish the cage plus shock hoop tie-ins and frame tie-ins to go.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
what in tarnation are the hoola hoops for? been watching too many busted knuckle films

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
The 4 180* hoops over the passenger compartment?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The 4 180* hoops over the passenger compartment?

Gotta tie the roof together somehow. Goes with the front brow bars to give a consistent design theme throughout.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Here’s how the roof turned out

I’m pretty satisfied with it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not a fan of the cage. Kinda looks like you used all the scrap bends you had lying around. But that's just my opinion. If you like it that's all that matters.

Everything else looks killer.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I'm all for building cool looking stuff but the top of that cage is retarded. One good flop on an uneven surface(like a rock) and those hoops are going to cave in. There isn't a fucking thing holding them up. That shit you have welded in the middle of the 4 hoops isn't doing anything either. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Love the entire build up until the cage. Might hold up, but I think it could be simpler, lighter, and stronger and still look good. But to each their own. Love the rest of it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
Several updates hot off the press!!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Subscribed. This is going to get good. Not one person talked shit about my cage.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

It’s the nature of the internet today, the shit talkers outnumber the content producers a million to one. It’s why pirate today isn’t near what it was 10 years ago.

If it gets outta hand, the build thread can just die. The folks whose opinions matter, see it in person!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Leave it up!!
Some are capable of enjoying a thread and keeping their opinions to themselves , unless asked!!

61 - 80 of 174 Posts