Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
We used some 600#’s each slides that lock in and out to make a pretty sweet torpedo rack. Going to add corrugated something (3/4” holes I think) to the bottom so that he can carry spare fluids. Then do a basket up top for tools and cooler.

Even got some sweet ass grab handles in the cage!

It’s the little things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just read this thread in a waiting room passing time, AWESOME FAB

Curious how you rig up that heater box, I've been planning on removing my factory YJ box and installing a similar unit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Still making progress, slowly.

Got rear bumps and pads installed.

Then got the rear limit straps in, I really dig the TMR adjustable limit strap mounts

Got the winch mounted and fairlead mount burned in.

Finally skinned the rear shock tabs and tied shock hoops together.

Also tied the rear on the cage together. Tom got the motobilt rear inner fenders ordered to save us some time, so as soon as those get here I’ll finish the rear cage to frame tie-in.

Going to use those 2 tubes to mount a basket to for cooler and tools!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Killer build man!!!! very much enjoyed reading through it!

Means a lot, your builds are insane. I’m always amazed how low you’re able to keep them on those monster size tires!

We bought the motobilt rear inner fenders but couldn’t make them work without hacking them to pieces. So, like with almost everything else, I fired up the computer and started making my own!

With the inner fenders done, I was able to get on the last 2 cage to frame tie-ins in the back.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Sorta some shots of the inner fenders installed.

I’ve gotta close up that front edge, just going to cut some 16ga, brake that angle, and weld up the top seam.

Found a premium spot for the battery behind the dash on the passenger side mounted to the cage but didn’t figure the battery box would hold up as is, so I added some support.

Not going to weld it in until I pull the cage.

Needed to check some clearance and see what adjustments needed to be made to the limit straps. 56” from the floor to the bottom of the tire and we still had some shock left, I just didn’t want to dump it over in the floor!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Got the skid plate mostly figured out, going to add some ribs on top for extra support.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Progress has been slow, we lost a ton of time changing seats a couple times. Ultimately we went with SXS seats which required cutting out all of the plate/brackets/Tabs I had and redoing everything for the different bolt pattern in the seats. Then we spent some time trying to modify a polymer TJ cargo basket to fit before ditching that to make a 1 off custom unit.

Cage is out now, just getting it buttoned up so I can get it off to powder coat!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very nice fab work. I see a lot of ideas I like that I would like to try and incorporate into my CJ8 project!

Excited to see the final result and the little details.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Getting this console laid out and all the holes drilled before powder coat!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
What color??

Dash, console, and basket are going to match the body color. Still debating the rest of it. I want to do a dark dark gray with some pearl to give it some movement and let it pop. We will see, might just end up boring ass black.

101 - 120 of 174 Posts