Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After selling my ramen and honeybuns budget cj project a couple years ago, I've been itching to start building another rig, but money had been an issue as always. Then I graduated college and decided it'd be a good idea to direct all my new income to a build instead of paying of my high interest students loans. So my build started.

Previous things that I really liked about the last build that I decided to carry over.

Simplicity of a SBC on propane
Thats about it.

Plans for the build:
SBC on propane
TH350
Atlas 4 speed
Tons
Haven't decided between coilovers or ORIs
Full hydro
Keep it around 4000lbs
40s

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Then I graduated college and decided it'd be a good idea to direct all my new income to a build instead of paying of my high interest students loans.
There are a lot of programs to consolidate these. There is no reason to pay 'high interest' on student loans. If you can pay 'low interest' for 10 years, the .gov will repay them for you, might as well set up for that.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
excited to see another buggy on here....and .gov paying your loan deal is only if you are in public service....even a teacher doesnt count where i work.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a lot of programs to consolidate these. There is no reason to pay 'high interest' on student loans. If you can pay 'low interest' for 10 years, the .gov will repay them for you, might as well set up for that.
Unfortunately all my loans are private loans so I dont get any help from the gov. Oh well. #yoloswag

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up a 383 from some crazy in Phoenix. After driving 6 hours, about 30 minutes away from phoenix, he tells me the sale isnt going to happen because he doesnt have enough time to pull the motor. Then he says he can do it, then he says he can't. Then he says to leave and let him work without me waiting, and then he says he is done, and then he says to leave again. Eventually I get the motor from him.

IMG_0110.jpg

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So the more I think about, the less I like the idea of having to redo the A and B pillar... BUT I was thinking I could redo the door bars between the A and B pillar and kick them out a bit, and then when I put the redundant B pillar in and the vertical window peice, those will be angled in and it will kinda look like the A and B pillars are angled. Just gotta figure out how much to kick them out.

This is 3 inches farther out on both sides.

new window bar.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts