Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to working on the jeep this weekend again. Front end is assembled, 10 bolt (yeah i know :flipoff2: ) Moser shafts and CTM's. Working on the block, it has a leak in one cylinder. I put 2 o-ring grooves and having LA sleeve build a wet sleeve for it. Frame is blasted and painted shackle reversal, rear spring hangers in the frame also. Someday it will have an Atlas II, alum body and other stuff. Sometimes i wonder why I took it apart????????:confused:

-troy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Looks good, that front axle looks like it has some time and TLC put into it.

You need to replace that diet pepsi with a miller....genuine draft that is.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kay9Cop said:
I'm curious. It looks like you spent a good bit of time and effort on that axle. Why'd you go with the 10 bolt?
I already had it from the previous build. So it was cheaper to upgrade to Moser/CTM than buying and modifying a D60. Not exactly a Camo 60 but it'll work for awhile.
-troy

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Why would he want a 44?? :rolleyes: That axle is almost the exact same as a 44. Well anyway thats a good looking 10 bolt, nothing wrong with using one, just the same as someone else using a 44 fornt end.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm diggin' the forklift/axlehoist/workbench.... that's nice. I have used a hyster as a lift before, works great. Good looking 10 bolt btw. I'm going to be running a 10 bolt front in my wagoneer for a while, I just don't have funds for a 60 yet, and I have the 10 bolt and shafts are free, so why not? ....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brcook_00 said:
Troy,
You haven't killed that Jeep yet?

Brent (you'll remember me from Tech....think hard)
I can't think that hard it hurts my brain. BTW-tires are grooved more now, and rear axle is apart waiting for new bearings(tomorrow).

-troy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chrisjeep7 said:
is that an easton rear?
Yup. I pulled it out of my dads 63 Chevy truck. It has 4.57 gears and a factory detroit. I narrowed the housing about 12" and had Moser make the shafts.

-troy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts