Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
201 Posts
...I've never once had one over-crush and my personal opinion is that it's actually faster to use the crush sleeve upon initial setup (though if the pinion support comes apart for any reason and the same bearings are used, the shim stack is definitely faster/safer)...
I over-crushed one about a year ago while rebuilding the sterling 10.5 in rear of my F350. I was using a 4 ft cheater on a breaker bar and got my preload just shy of perfect...just a tad more and it would be good...well breaker bar was flexing so much that as soon as my bar sprung and pinion nut moved, it went from too-little preload to too-much. :shaking:

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread with stories. Rig looks good and I really like the case spreader you made. Simple and efficient. I usually resort to a pry bar and nylon hammer with a few choice words thrown in for good measure.

· Premium Member
201 Posts
Awesome to see it coming together. Thanks for the update on the Sniper EFI. Have you seen anything with it yet that you've been disappointed in? If I remember right, I think it was with the terminator setup, there was like a 15 or 20 second delay where the computer had to load some parameters every time you turn the key on before you can start the engine...does that exist on the Sniper setup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.