Pirate 4x4 banner
201 - 220 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great thread thanks !
I have a 81 FS Jimmy with a 383 running the Sniper
had a few problems with the Sniper and it had to go back to Holley but it seems to be working well now

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
In for more clutch pedal bracket and set up pics. Might do an nv4500 in my 74...

How do you like that super low ratio (6.34) 1st gear on the ‘93 nv4500? Feel that it’s too low at times?
I absolutely LOVE the 6.34 1st gear. I have several square bodies I've swapped a nv4500 into and I put the 6.34 1st gear ones in all of them. It is even nicer with a doubler having the 6.34 1st for those times you need it as low as it will go! :grinpimp:

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Great thread thanks !
I have a 81 FS Jimmy with a 383 running the Sniper
had a few problems with the Sniper and it had to go back to Holley but it seems to be working well now
What went wrong with it that had to get sent in and fixed? So far mines been working great (knock on wood) :shaking: lol.

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Awesome! That answered my next question about a doubler.
Im still rocking the 241 single case but it has worked well so far. I am hoping to get my doubler put in later this year if everything works out!

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Made a ton of headway this last weekend on the seats and flooring. Got the brackets all made for the seats and was able to make the passenger brackets so that I can still fold the seat forward to get into the back. Got the floor cleaned the best I could and put the sound dedener down. I got my vinyl flooring from LMC and got that layed in there and most of it trimmed up. Their vinyl flooring fit decent for the most part but there is still some spots that I am hoping will settle a little more as time goes on. Also got the hole in the trans tunnel all patched up since I am going to a different style shifter. Here's a bunch of pictures. :D

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
More Pics

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
More Pics.

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
More Pictures!

Attachments

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Hot damn thats clean. I bet those seats are a major improvement over the stockers.
Thanks! They already feel 10x better than the old worn out original seats! 😎🤘

·
Registered
16 Posts
What went wrong with it that had to get sent in and fixed? So far mines been working great (knock on wood) :shaking: lol.
You can check out the common issues on the Holley Sniper forums
it's worth joining if you have not already

I had a bad fuel regulator right out of the box , then had a O2 sensor fail,
then a ECU ( thats when it had to go back to holley ) then a temp sensor I also had the Dual syn distributor shipped with the gear on upside down and they wanted that back just to see if anything else was screwed up inside

sad thing is I have about 6 miles on this truck in the last 6 years
so the sniper was bought to get rid of carb troubles LOL
it is up and running now so i can start daily driving it soon

Awsome job on the Vinly floor and seats ! i went with more of a bucket and it's a biotch to get in and out of your seat selection looks just right

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
well, that 90's chevy clutch box worked awesomely. Took a lot of work to get it work with a vac booster but I got it in!
That is good to hear! I tried to get some pics of mine but wasn't able to get very good pictures with how tucked up in there it is. The main thing I had to do with mine is cut one side and slide it over and then shorten the pedal collar to fit in between the two sides. I also trimmed the brake pedal bracket a little to clear the nut from the clutch bracket. I'm going to try to draw on a picture of one were all I cut unless I end up taking the clutch bracket out sometime soon then I can get some good pictures of what I did for everyone to see.

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
You can check out the common issues on the Holley Sniper forums
it's worth joining if you have not already

I had a bad fuel regulator right out of the box , then had a O2 sensor fail,
then a ECU ( thats when it had to go back to holley ) then a temp sensor I also had the Dual syn distributor shipped with the gear on upside down and they wanted that back just to see if anything else was screwed up inside

sad thing is I have about 6 miles on this truck in the last 6 years
so the sniper was bought to get rid of carb troubles LOL
it is up and running now so i can start daily driving it soon

Awsome job on the Vinly floor and seats ! i went with more of a bucket and it's a biotch to get in and out of your seat selection looks just right
WOW! That sounds like a horrible first experience with it. :shaking: I hope it does good now that you have all the bad parts fixed!

Thanks! :D Took a trip this last weekend and got to test out the seats for the first time and I am very pleased with how well they hold you in and how much better I feel after a day of wheeling. They really are a huge improvement over the old factory ones. And the center console is bitchen to have! :D:D:D They are not to bad for getting in and out either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is good to hear! I tried to get some pics of mine but wasn't able to get very good pictures with how tucked up in there it is. The main thing I had to do with mine is cut one side and slide it over and then shorten the pedal collar to fit in between the two sides. I also trimmed the brake pedal bracket a little to clear the nut from the clutch bracket. I'm going to try to draw on a picture of one were all I cut unless I end up taking the clutch bracket out sometime soon then I can get some good pictures of what I did for everyone to see.
Yeah its super hard to get good pictures. I forgot to take pictures of the pedal modified before I put it in. Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread either.
But for those who want to see How I got it to fit.

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Yeah its super hard to get good pictures. I forgot to take pictures of the pedal modified before I put it in. Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread either.
But for those who want to see How I got it to fit.

Looks good!

·
84 K5 Blazer
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Ended up blowing my clutch line out on our trip this last weekend. Damn headers always cause problems lol:shaking: So I picked up some fittings to go from the factory GM connectors to AN-3 so I can run a stainless braided line instead of the factory plastic one.

Attachments

201 - 220 of 339 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.